Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

resonance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Goodwin said:
Yes, I don't see why not, just plot the amplitude for a range of frequencies and draw a graph from them. Bear in mind, the Q will be a LOT lower for 10KHz bandwidth, so the tuning won't be anywhere near as pronounced, and you will probably need a LOT more gain to make up the difference!.

Presumably this is still about your audio over ultrasonic project?, 10KHz bandwidth from the transducer should just about give you a low quality voice channel!.

can you explain more about Q factor part for these ultrasonic transducers?

yes this is about my experiment with ultrasonic and modulation,
anyway i have no access to that kind of wideband ultrasonics
but if there was a way to solve the problem with the receiver part and use SSB then 10kHz is ok.

i have alot of peizo ceramics(resonance freq is near 28kHz) do you think it is possible changing their resonance freq usinf a conical?

Last edited:
epilot said:
can you explain more about Q factor part for these ultrasonic transducers?

'Q' is the magnification factor - a bit like hitting a bell, you hit the bell and it rings at a specific frequency - and because of that it's very loud. If the bell was somehow modified to ring at a range of frequencies it wouldn't be anywhere near as loud, because the magnification factor (Q) would be a great deal lower.

yes this is about my experiment with ultrasonic and modulation,
anyway i have no access to that kind of wideband ultrasonics
but if there was a way to solve the problem with the receiver part and use SSB then 10kHz is ok.

Do you have the electronics working yet?.

i have alot of peizo ceramics(resonance freq is near 28kHz) do you think it is possible changing their resonance freq usinf a conical?

No idea, but I wouldn't have thought so?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
'Q' is the magnification factor - a bit like hitting a bell, you hit the bell and it rings at a specific frequency - and because of that it's very loud. If the bell was somehow modified to ring at a range of frequencies it wouldn't be anywhere near as loud, because the magnification factor (Q) would be a great deal lower.

Do you have the electronics working yet?.

No idea, but I wouldn't have thought so?.

yes i want to start and work on it again,
it is amusing.(i am a stubborn person lol)

epilot said:
yes i want to start and work on it again,
it is amusing.(i am a stubborn person lol)

You're not very clear?, does your project work connecting (via wires) the transmitter section to the receiver section?. This removes any problems about bandwidth over the wireless link - if this doesn't work?, you're totally wasting your time before you start.

You can tune the output to one of the crystals harmonics but of course the amplitude will be lower. Build a Pi filter tuned to the harmonic you require.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back