Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reporting bugs in the new siteware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my system (Win7/Chrome), the unread posts button performs the same as before , but the marked forums read is enhanced. Instead of marking ALL posts read, it marks as read only those posts since the last "unread posts" request. Thus, new posts that appear while one slowly goes through the unread posts are not marked as read. I like that enhancement.

John

Is the New Posts link in the navbar the same? I believe it shows threads with new (ie unread) posts in them.
I believe I'm confused.... He said posts that have "No replies" Not unread... sorry..

Hi Guys

Bailing out for now. Thanks for all the chat's, responses to chats and all the good fun I have had here over the last few years.. We have had discussions of note. We have proven time and again that ETO is indeed the best there is out there. And so it shall stay....

Me, I need time out. And no, I have not found a new Forum....I wuvs ETO with all my heart :happy:

Nigel, I will not return as Jacky Black like last time....I reported him and got him permanently banned...I could not possibly do it again.

Jacky Black is a fugitive that has eluded all traces of Forums....

I really lost it tonight :hilarious::banghead:

Phew...time to sleep.

I tried to post a .jpg of a LTSpice sim tonight to post 31 of this thread, and it kept bombing. I could post the .asc file with no problem.

You are probably aware of this, but

"Template Errors: PAGE_CONTAINER"

occur when I load my shortcut. About a page later, one can find the posts. I think it is just the header that is affected.

John

Hi,

Tried making a new thread, the 'caps in title' is working great now, thanks :)

Hi

The attachments are missing for this post and also for this post. Perhaps, it's due to the site crash some months ago. But in the past I was able to get titles for the missing attachments using the non-working links for the attachments and then using those titles I was able to search my computer for the copies of those attachments. But now I can't even get the titles for those missing attachments because it looks like those non-working links are messed up too. Is there a way out of this serious issue? Thank you.

Regards
PG

Thanks, EM. I like that bottom arrow to take me back to the top.

For the sake of these old fingers can we have an arrow on the Top to take me to the bottom of the page?

Sincerely,
kv

Any chance we could have the Symbols function back please?

I think I didn't word the bug description very well. What I meant was, when you look at new posts, and when I look at my watched threads, that post doesn't appear - it just looks like an old one.

It started today. I am not getting e-mail notices of replies. I made no changes that I know of. Here is how my preferences are set:
upload_2013-11-1_15-42-22.png

John

Still not getting e-mail notifications. Tried logging out and back on. Also reset e-mail address with password. No change. No problem that I know of getting notices from other forums.

John

John;

The number 1 thing you can do is to put "Electro Tech Online" noreply electro-tech-online in your address book. I've obsucated the address by leaving out the AT and the domain name and changed the symbols a bit. The email spam filters may move it to the spam. So, check your spam and trash folders. Webmasters then to change this address periodically.

I've even had to put my email address in my address book. A service that just forwards mail won't forward it if I send mail to myself via the forwarder from the destination forwarding address. If I send from another email, all is fine. The forwarder did some debugging for me.

Spam blockers are disabled. I double checked. When I tried to change to another e-mail address/server, the ETO screen kept giving an error that the password was incorrect. Entered it twice, same result. I then went to that e-mail provider and was able to log on using the ETO-rejected password.

Edit: Part of the riddle is solved. The change password dialog at ETO asks for the email address and "current password." Since I knew I was signed onto ETO, I entered the email password. That was accepted for the current e-mail address, but not for my new one. Why? Anyway, I used my ETO password to change e-mail addresses and we will see what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back