Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reporting bugs in the new siteware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I was in process of writing a PM and had already written three-paragraph long message but then my computer crashed. Now I can recover only the first two lines of that message! In the past the auto-save for text editor was really good and it would save the content every few seconds and that's how I was able to retrieve the lost message content whenever my computer crashed without any problem and worry. It would be nice if the auto-save could save the content every few seconds again. Or, at least, please give us some way to save the content manually every few seconds. Thanks.

Regards
PG

The new site saves the messages at the same interval as the old. The interval is set to every 60 seconds.

Hi,

Talking about the timing related to posts, i've often wondered how long it takes for a message to actually get sent to the email address of the people who are 'subscribed' to the thread.

In other words, how long do we have to edit the material before it gets sent off to 1000 email addresses?

I wondered because i hate to see a hundred people get a message that reads:
"1+1=7.49384e-7"

because the poster did not type the correct result in the first draft :)
If we get five minutes to read over the draft we then have time to edit these typos.

MOPPING UP

The fixes are coming along well. Here are a few items that caught my attention this morning:
  • The reply window cannot be dragged to make it bigger. It is like looking through a slit.
  • Under one's user name, there are several choices, such as Facebook Coordination and Blog drafts, but nothing to take the user to his/her blogs. There seems to be adequate space for that link. If needed, one could eliminate Facebook coordination or some other useless link.
  • "Banned" is now shown as a member category. I see no value in showing that. Can't the member category either be left blank or just Member."
  • Under the category of "planning ahead" Capture2.PNG Would it be possible to widen the space for characters or use a slightly smaller font for KISS? :)
  • Still no author on the Blog content page. Why not make the Blog content page just look like the Article with author information to the right?
John

Good List jpanhalt, I will be getting to them over the next week :)

A hell of a lot of work you have put into the site to fine tune the Software EM. So far, all looks good. :) fantastic job.

One thing though...I need to PM Eric with photos from my PC.. Cant do it for now. A URL is required. And no URL is available as they were taken from my camera. And never on the Internet before. Concerns a little electronic project of mine.

Kind regards,
tvtech ;)

One thing though...I need to PM Eric with photos from my PC.. Cant do it for now. A URL is required. And no URL is available as they were taken from my camera. And never on the Internet before. Concerns a little electronic project of mine.
Assuming you have the pictures on your PC or can upload them to your PC, just click on the "Upload File" button at the bottom right, next to "Post Reply."

John

On the old software, I had it configured to display a forum thread with the newest post at the top. Can't find how to do that now...

On the old software, I had it configured to display a forum thread with the newest post at the top. Can't find how to do that now...
On "Your Profile" page click "Preferences" There is a combo box half way down...

On "Your Profile" page click "Preferences" There is a combo box half way down...
If you are talking about the attached menu, I have it checked, and it has no effect on how the forum thread is presented...
Prefs.jpg

How do we reset our preferences to English? All of the pop-ups seem to be in Spanish.
Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

John

Hi All

Another thing I have noticed...our old v Bulletin ETO would require a person to Log in to view attachments. And user Profiles and so forth..

The xenForo software allows anybody access to anything. They just canno't post until logged in/signed up.

Check it out. Log out and simply visit again. ETO is at your disposal as an anonymous user. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Regards,
tvtech

How do we reset our preferences to English? All of the pop-ups seem to be in Spanish.
View attachment 80868 View attachment 80869

John

Hi John

Simplest is to change your browser to Firefox with Ad Block plus. You will never see another ad or pop up you have instructed Ad Block to....block. I have been here as a Member since 2010 and have yet to see any ads or pop-ups.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back