Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remotely open door by using same Intercom switch using remote Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoeyb91

Hi, I don't have much knowledge about electronics but I have bought a remote switch using which one can remotely (100 meter distance) turn on/off a light or any other appliance. There is a two buttons "bpt" intercom in my unit. I want to use this remote switch with that intercom such that pressing the remote button automatically works like pressing the intercom button and door can easily be unlocked from outside even if no one is home. I know we have to give voltage +/- on inputs but I am not sure how will I be using NO and NC ports of receiver circuit of remote switch to make that intercom button work without physically pressing it. I am attaching a photo also. I would really appreciate if someone helps me with this. Thanks in advance.

Do I have this correct, you have a doorphone or something similar with a pushbutton that opens said door, and you want to connect the receiver shown to this so you can open the door remotely?

the relay goes parallel with the switch.
NO goes on one side of the button you want to push , and the other side of the button is connected to the COM of the relay.
no need to give extra power , the button powers itself, the relay is just a switch powered by a magnet .

the relay goes parallel with the switch.
NO goes on one side of the button you want to push , and the other side of the button is connected to the COM of the relay.
no need to give extra power , the button powers itself, the relay is just a switch powered by a magnet .
Thanks for your reply. You mean I don't need to give power to the receiver for remote and just use NO & COM with the push button of the intercom receiver. How will I power the remote receiver? I am adding a photo here and i will be very thankful if you can tell me how to make connections. Also I can add photos of receiver for remote and the inside/circuitry for intercom receiver.

Intercom receiver:

Receiver for Remote:

Connections as per your reply:

Thanks

Last edited:
Do I have this correct, you have a doorphone or something similar with a pushbutton that opens said door, and you want to connect the receiver shown to this so you can open the door remotely?
Yes. I have got an intercom installed in my unit using which we can open door if someone is outside but if no one is home then we can not open the door. What I am trying to do is that I have bought a remote/receiver using which I can make the push button work even if no one is home so that door can be opened using the remote. You can see photos I added in Dr_Doggy reply.

Your drawings look correct, you can power the remote receiver with a wall wart of the correct voltage & current rating.

Your drawings look correct, you can power the remote receiver with a wall wart of the correct voltage & current rating.
Thanks for your reply. I made it work already, Yay :) What I did is that I used the power from two connections mentioned as ,—B—, on intercom receiver to power the remote receiver and it works now. The range is pretty good. Thanks to you both for helping me achieve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back