Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

i am not sure about this rectifier schematic. is this the way i need to conect the 2 bridges and the caps to obtain simetrical voltage from a 2*12V transformer? i am not sure about the bridges, if they are conencted ok. here is the schematic.

Attachments

• rectifier.gif
    rectifier.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 470
No need two bridge,apply this circuit. Your cct. can't work.

Attachments

• rectifier_203.gif
    rectifier_203.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 461
will it work at the full current of the bridge. i mean if i want to use only the neg or positive or both sider of the circuit at full power, 4A do i need a 8A bridge? i was thinking of using 2 4A bridges, but is it just only one 4A bridge enough. also do i have half wave rectifier or full wave rectifier?

For 4A load both side You need 4A bridge. In the second cct. the four diodes just appear as bridge, this is two two-way rectifiers,one for +, and one for -output.
About the first cct.: this work only with independent secondary windings, no work with center tapped. Try drawing the bridges with discrete diodes,and can see the failure: two diodes connected antiparalel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back