Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Really dumb question (seriously; really dumb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

Around the forum here, people have signatures with apostrophes in them. Before the apostrophe there is a slash (/), however. What is this all about? Is it some programming thing?

Sorry for my... umm... well... ya know! ;)

hi marks,

I use the '/' when doing a drawing or text to indicate a NOT signal as I cant print a 'bar' over the text.

I suppose a guy using it before his name means its 'NOT ME' or he could mean
he should get knotted!. Dunno ?

I know that it can mean the NOT signal. Here is an example (oznog's signature)

Oznog's Sig said:
I thought what I\'d do was I\'d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

thats a programming thing, you need to 'escape' the single quote (typically with a back slash), since it's used to indicate certain things depending on what language you're programming in.

why the need to do it in a text post on a forum, I dunno?!

Ok, that answers my question. Thanks.

Marks256 said:
I know that it can mean the NOT signal. Here is an example (oznog's signature)

Who else here does this? I take his to be read either I or I'd, but that dosn't make any sense to me, but then again his sig dosn't make any sense to me either way. Maybe he will read this topic and chime in on it, or maybe just PM him and ask:D

I dunno. I know that there is at least one more person...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back