Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Young people these generation are dumb stupid idiot morons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the beginning:
Young people these generation are dumb stupid idiot morons.
With that in mind it would appear someone is painting with a pretty broad brush. I certainly do not see this statement as: (1) being accurate or (2) grammatically correct. When a parent or grandparent fails to teach a child any structure or responsibility along with value we really can't expect much in return. Simply put you reap what you sow. Without stepping on the toes of my children or going against their wishes my wife and I try to nurture our grandchildren. Looking back over the years likely the greatest gift our children ever gave us was the grandchildren. While I do see plenty of today's young people who have much to learn I would never refer to my own children as dumb, stupid, idiot morons and certainly not our grandchildren.

Children love to ask why and during their early years a why was responded to with a "because Y is a crooked letter". During their later (over 7 years old) years we answered all of the why and when you don't know the why you research it with the child. We would never tell a child, even the child of another, their questions were dumb or stupid. Fortunately during my much younger years I was always much smarter than my parents. That of course worked out well until that day that I awoke and realized I had become my father.

We live in a country that will not take care of its own people all it cares about is following the Law & saving money. In the long run it will probably cost the government a lot more money not letting a person get educated so they get a good job to stay off welfare. It was sad to see him go he was in a very depressed mood. Is this what makes people turn to a life of crime?

So you feel it's the responsibility of the government to see to it that a child is cared for and nurtured in a proper manner. What exactly would the parental responsibility be and where would that end? While I am sorry this child's mother ran off to God knows where and I am sorry his father ended up serving prison time I would think the blame for these problems should be squarely placed where it belongs. Why should the government take responsibility for parental failure? That said, you should have been receiving government aid while the child was in your care, then you clearly state:
Foster grandson is gone. Father got out of prison & has a minimum wage job government can save money sending him back to his father.
How does the government save money? How old is this child? Whenever possible in situations like this my observation has been Children and Family Services will try to place the child with the natural parent or parents. That is simply the way it plays out. I can understand some depression and sadness on your part but can't see where the blame for any of this should rest with the government.

Ron

Where's the connection between the two? I had terrible grades in school yet scored way high on such tests and I know people who were A++ kids all through school and college yet now years later as adults they are useless and have rather poor jobs for it. All grades and no real world functional skills. :(

As for getting into college, if the kid can get money he can go pretty much anywhere now. They don't care what your grades or anything else are or were anymore. You got money for them they let you in. That's the only standard of entry he has to meet.

I made terrible grades in school too in classes I did not like. History was boring I was happy with a D grade. When in life will anyone need to know how to graph a sentence for work like we did in English class. I made good grades in all the classes I liked, Math, science, physics, chemistry, electronic, metal shop, but barely passed some of the other classes.

A person only needs to make good grades on the ACT test so they get free money for college. My oldest son had no trouble making good grades on the ACT test but my other son had to take the ACT test 3 times to finally get good grades to get money for college. 50 years ago I did not get any money or any help for college. My father though college was stupid and was not going to give me a dime to waste for college. It took me 8 years to graduate from college I had to work a job to pay of my college. During warmer weather months I lived under the Railroad bridge to save rent money and took showers at the college GYM. I think the ACT test discriminates against students that have it hard at home and parents that can not help or refuse to help. That is why I told my foster grandson to make good grades your score determines how much money the State will give you for college. If you make an A+ on the ACT you get enough money to pay for everyone, dorm, food, book, tuition. I think cut off is 92 points ACT will pay for book and tuition only you may have to work a job to buy food and pay dorm fee.

Last edited:
LG... tongue in cheek , you post too many generalisations , using a smart phone does not make you smart. All the social apps are to do with is marketing and keeping the users brain engaged , to the point of addiction.

LG... tongue in cheek , you post too many generalisations , using a smart phone does not make you smart. All the social apps are to do with is marketing and keeping the users brain engaged , to the point of addiction.
Doh See what i mean? No the smart phone isnt to make you smart! It tells you by its name what it does and therefore by association who it for. SMART PHONE, Means the PHONE is SMART. So if the phone is smart its got to be designed for those who are not....

Clever people dont by things that do stuff they can do easily. Broad example, if your maths is ok then dont walk around with a calculator to add up your shopping do you?

Personally i would buy a dumb phone because i am smart enough to do the things some people need a phone to do, like say turn on the TV or answer the door. :p:p

People come in all shapes and sizes and flavors, everyone has a least one gift. Even if that gift is simply to annoy the hell out of fossils. Hmm looks like maybe i got two gifts then :D

No the smart phone isnt to make you smart!
But is not what they think, ask a simple question... how many kilometres in a mile... Hold on I will google it, How do you get to Leicester , hold on I will put it in my sat nav... Why don't Polar bears eat Penguins...

Even if that gift is simply to annoy the hell out of fossils. Hmm looks like maybe i got two gifts then :D

Well, you certainly exercise one of your gifts to the full LG .. ..

You're also missing one of your talents ... try standing with your back to a full length mirror, look over your shoulder and down a little .. .. ..

There... that's smart too !!

S

Why don't Polar bears eat Penguins...
Because the pandas beat them to it!
Polar-Bear-Cafe.jpg

Well, you certainly exercise one of your gifts to the full LG .. ..

You're also missing one of your talents ... try standing with your back to a full length mirror, look over your shoulder and down a little .. .. ..

There... that's smart too !!

S

Unfortunately, when it comes to smart asssery the smart end always wears off well before the ass end ever does and to make it worse the smart end was where all the brains that knew when enough was enough were. :(

Rather why back in the old days you could find far more smart asses hanging from the end of a rope then wise men.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, when it comes to smart asssery the smart end always wears off well before the ass end ever does and to make it worse the smart end was where all the brains that knew when enough was enough were. :(

Rather why back in the old days you could find far more smart asses hanging from the end of a rope then wise men.
What are you rambling about?

A panda with no shadow ... spooky
Special cloak device for penguin hunting i assume :D. Seems a very calm penguin given its situation lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back