Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reaction Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1nGh

Hello, I am kinda stuck on the above title. I have to create a reaction timer using Quartus II. I will be using ATERA FLEX EPR10K20RC240 Logic Device to test this out.

Now, I have to use a stopwatch module that can measure to within a millisecond. When a LED lights a user should immediately depress a push-button. The LED should light after a random period of time between 1 and 4 seconds. generate a random number which will be compared against a counter. Use of 4 LEDs and the two seven segments to display times from 000 to 999 milliseconds.

I will be LFSR to generate random number......now for the clock to count in milleseconds I will need a 1Khz source.......

This is as far as I can go......but will it be possible to guide me ahead....

Thanks

that chip is extreme overkill. all you need are a few counters, an oscillator, and a flip flop. Or a micro.

Last edited:
Okay:rolleyes:

I know only two things.....

For an random number generator i need LFSR.......
and to count in milleseconds i need a 1000Hz source.....

Now, dunno how to go about after......

Hello could somebody please guide me on this topic as this project is due very some and not able to figure out the solution......Please Please Please Help:eek:

I've done a reaction timer in Swordfish BASIC for the 18F1320

Sounds like you're having problems with your homework assingment.

Yes sir I am having trouble with it......

Please help me out.....:eek:

I have to do this in Quartus II for this circuit
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
That's why students go to school. The idea is you're supposed to figure out how to tackle the problem yourself not cut and paste code you hope other people write for you.
I've not seen lots of FPGA code in these forums and since it probably has a due date you really should talk to your other fellow students and perhaps they have some idea.

You could try edaboard they have scads of FPGA students looking for handouts.

That's why students go to school. The idea is you're supposed to figure out how to tackle the problem yourself not cut and paste code you hope other people write for you.
I've not seen lots of FPGA code in these forums and since it probably has a due date you really should talk to your other fellow students and perhaps they have some idea.

You could try edaboard they have scads of FPGA students looking for handouts.

Mate i dont know what you are thinking but I am not a person who is just looking for answers......Please note i dont cut.....and.....paste.....

I am not here to be prejudged.....or criticised......just for guidance.....

Peace

Last edited:
Like I said, I've not seen much FPGA code on these forums. Does your school not have any textbooks on the subject? If not how would they expect you to complete your course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back