Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radio frequency circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.
mstechca said:
All that the current output is doing (without making any modifications) is giving itself to the resistor. and what I like to know is, other than generating heat, Why would anyone (with experience) want to just connect a grounded resistor to the output, and nothing else?
seems to me that u have not understood the requirement .. :roll:

bananasiong said:
..from the transmitting part, the sentence "use a 10k pot to adjust frequency".. is it variable resistor? there is no variable resistor.
the resistor labelled 5600 is actualy a variable resistor .
u have an LC tuned ckt at the receiver . so u need to adjust the transmitting freq to that of the tuned ckt to get the proper o/p

. and.. for the receiving part, how do i know if i get the signal? don't we need to tune at the output??
The LC is the tuned ckt . the o/p is marked in the dia. when the ckt receives a tuned freq , it will give a sq wave o/p .

akg said:
bananasiong said:
..from the transmitting part, the sentence "use a 10k pot to adjust frequency".. is it variable resistor? there is no variable resistor.
the resistor labelled 5600 is actualy a variable resistor .
u have an LC tuned ckt at the receiver . so u need to adjust the transmitting freq to that of the tuned ckt to get the proper o/p

. and.. for the receiving part, how do i know if i get the signal? don't we need to tune at the output??
The LC is the tuned ckt . the o/p is marked in the dia. when the ckt receives a tuned freq , it will give a sq wave o/p .
sorry for disturbing again, the transmitting part. u said that the 5600 is a variable resistor, but is is a VR should have 3 pins? and why there is a sentence "use 10k pot"??

for the receiving part, i only need to get a 27mH inductor? or a variable inductor?

thanks

bananasiong said:
sorry for disturbing again, the transmitting part. u said that the 5600 is a variable resistor, but is is a VR should have 3 pins? and why there is a sentence "use 10k pot"??
yes , it may be a VR with a val set to 5.6K. yes a VR has 3 legs , tie the center with a side leg ..u get a VR with 2 legs :)

for the receiving part, i only need to get a 27mH inductor? or a variable inductor?
thanks
no need of variable inductor.
if ur planning to deploy the above system in a no/very low EMI region ,
then u can construct the receiver ckt as follows.
a receiver coil (not an LC) connected to a high gain amplifier(refer op-amp based amplifiers) + band pass filter (band freq=osc freq of 555).

the vcc is connected to the +ve terminal of the battery and the ground is connected to the -ve terminal of the battery right? but it doesn't work! i used a cro to measure the output (after the 0.1k resistor), it shows a constant -12v (supply is 12V dc).

how about the receiving part, the pin 7 of the opamp is connected to nothing?? where is the antenna of the receiver??

thanks for helping me..

bananasiong said:
the vcc is connected to the +ve terminal of the battery and the ground is connected to the -ve terminal of the battery right? but it doesn't work! i used a cro to measure the output (after the 0.1k resistor), it shows a constant -12v (supply is 12V dc).
the ckt is a normal 55 psc , and it will work .
u have wrongly selected the test point , measure the freq&voltage at the pin3 of 555. the 100R is placed for current limiting at the o/p section of 555.

bananasiong said:
how about the receiving part, the pin 7 of the opamp is connected to nothing?? where is the antenna of the receiver??
thanks for helping me..
the lm393 contains 2 opamps with open collector transistor , we are not using the second half of the ic , and it is left free.
probably u wont require an ant:(and it should work in ur case) , the coil will pick the freq. and , if u need connect it to pin 2

a simple radio can be made by using LC components im attaching one simple circuit chech out

Attachments

• xmitter_schematic.gif
    xmitter_schematic.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 586
  • mge106.gif
    mge106.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 577
akg said:
bananasiong said:
the ckt is a normal 55 psc , and it will work .
u have wrongly selected the test point , measure the freq&voltage at the pin3 of 555. the 100R is placed for current limiting at the o/p section of 555.

bananasiong said:
thanks for helping me..
the lm393 contains 2 opamps with open collector transistor , we are not using the second half of the ic , and it is left free.
probably u wont require an ant:(and it should work in ur case) , the coil will pick the freq. and , if u need connect it to pin 2

so.. what i need to do is.. just follow the figure shown by Russlk, right? anything need to be modified? i couldn't get 1100resistor, can i use 1K? or 1K+0.1K??

akg said:
bananasiong said:
so.. what i need to do is.. just follow the figure shown by Russlk, right? anything need to be modified? i couldn't get 1100resistor, can i use 1K? or 1K+0.1K??
go ahead..use 1k
yes!! thanks.. another question, is.. i couldn't find the 27mH inductor.. i only get the 10mH.. do i need to change anything to the transmitting circuit?? can i know the range of this circuit?? thanks for answering..

bananasiong said:
yes!! thanks.. another question, is.. i couldn't find the 27mH inductor.. i only get the 10mH.. do i need to change anything to the transmitting circuit?? can i know the range of this circuit?? thanks for answering..
increase the parallel C 2.7 times or , increase the Tx freq 2.7 times .
range depends on the current thru the (ant) loop ., need to check it .

akg said:
bananasiong said:
increase the parallel C 2.7 times or , increase the Tx freq 2.7 times .
range depends on the current thru the (ant) loop ., need to check it .

1. increase the parallel C? u mean the C which is parallel with the inductor at the receiving part? but i don't think i can get a 0.027uF capacitor..
2. how to increase the Tx frequency?
3. the VR at the Tx, i only need to turn it until i get 5.6K right? or it is a frequency tuner?

bananasiong said:
1. increase the parallel C? u mean the C which is parallel with the inductor at the receiving part? but i don't think i can get a 0.027uF capacitor..
u can have a 0.022uF
3. the VR at the Tx, i only need to turn it until i get 5.6K right? or it is a frequency tuner?
adjust the VR , here Ra is 1100, Rb is ur VR (@5600), C is 0.01
now freq of 555 is 1.44/(Ra+2Rb)*C

adjust Rb or C as per ur need.

akg said:
bananasiong said:
u can have a 0.022uF
adjust the VR , here Ra is 1100, Rb is ur VR (@5600), C is 0.01
now freq of 555 is 1.44/(Ra+2Rb)*C

adjust Rb or C as per ur need.

why must use 1.44 to calculate? which c is used to calculate the f? the C is the numerator or denominator?

i've try this circuit, since i cannot get a 0.027uF, i took two 0.056uF in series to get 0.028uF, but the output i get is exactly same as the supplied, nothing to do with RF... why?

bananasiong said:
why must use 1.44 to calculate? which c is used to calculate the f? the C is the numerator or denominator?

i've try this circuit, since i cannot get a 0.027uF, i took two 0.056uF in series to get 0.028uF, but the output i get is exactly same as the supplied, nothing to do with RF... why?

pls refer to

also u need "..since i cannot get a 0.027uF, i took two 0.056uF in series to get 0.028uF, but.." such type of adjustments .
use any nearest value u get.

akg said:
bananasiong said:

pls refer to

also u need "..since i cannot get a 0.027uF, i took two 0.056uF in series to get 0.028uF, but.." such type of adjustments .
use any nearest value u get.

thanks for the info.. yes.. i have already learned how a 555 timer works.. need some time to try this circuit... thanks ya.. any question i'll ask u again.. thanks

why must the output of the 555 timer (after the 100R) be connected to the GND (-ve terminal of the battery)? can i connect it to nothing? as an antenna..

bananasiong said:
why must the output of the 555 timer (after the 100R) be connected to the GND (-ve terminal of the battery)? can i connect it to nothing? as an antenna..

It's not connected to ground, it's connected to an 'antenna', a loop of wire which surrounds your area as you required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back