Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

questions about external images

Status
Not open for further replies.

nike6

Banned
i have just read a rule that external images are not allowed, at least, in the electronics projects sub-forum.

Is it OK, if the pic's are non-essential for the understanding of the post, are contained in a reply, and are just linked as voluntary, additional illustration?

I use photobucket, have a pro account, and it is likely all content will remain over the next few years.

Is it OK generally in this special case, to use photobucket?

or would it be required to attach "essential" pictures, essential to understand the thread content, i.e. if I am the thread creator, not just replying?
such as schematics for instance.

you mean, via URL?
photobucket thumbs are small typically 3 to 6 kbyte.

maybe the rule is about 1:1 images, or 300k images?

photobucket has automatic functions to generate BBS thumbs, very practical.
lately they even added stats!

so i can see those pic's which get 1000s of views, and also where this is happening. well worth the $30/year.

For free you can attach the picture, or link to your geocities site.

PS you're not the fellow from the Microchip forums are you?
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
LOL it is you!

nikemoto2511 / hybridpic over at the Microchip forums. I knew your style was familiar.

And from a member over there
DSchabel

Please don't take hybridpic's advice; you'll live to regret it.

Last edited:
I don't know if there is an actual "rule", but common sense would dictate that you store the essential files on this site if at all possible. That way it'll be valid as long as this site is. I don't know how many times I've done a Google search for something and got a hit from some forum only to find a dead link to what I seek.

It was always fun reading the OPs posts over there.
ORIGINAL: MBedder

Moderators please finally ban that hybridpuc for turning this forum into a stinky cesspool-like chat. And please make it as readily as you have done it recently for a single Olin Lathrop's word.

I insist.

I insist.

the statement is legally questionable, and of clearly threatening nature.

by the way DPRK (north Korea) did not ask for my permission to do their 2nd test. just that night I was one of the first people who saw it popping up on Yahoo News.
I've followed all updated for a few days.

now currently it is not interesting anymore. I am not the one following other people. I guess they have capabilities to access our internet...and follow any bits and pieces of discussion.

But save me from being called responsible for their actions. Utterly not.

I mean, I wouldn't insist, so to put it, and that is a meaningful difference.

at first thank you for the fanmail, and embedding of one of my prototypes.

I have now a real PCB, all SMD ICs, and it is based on a previous PCB design, so I did not repeat the bugs from the first one.

**broken link removed**

it's on my new website, and updates to follow soon.

I know the broken links problem.
However I plan to maintain all my sites over the foreseeable future.
I would even say, 5 years guarantee minimum.

However, I also may consider to attach essential illustrations.

I have never been the one who was or is unarguable.
I have never started off name calling towards someone.

My point is that you always should consider:
Are I am selling a car?
Would it be suitable spelling for a CM?
Is the person i am talking to a potential car buyer?

It is OK to have some humour in CM's.
but yet success rates can vary as we know.
Obscure adverts can quickly become pieces of history,
together with the one's who authored them.

I am not the populist, or the one following what the majority of people (the masses) are doing.
Just sometimes, I also consider that factor.

I only speak up against smt. when I become strongly alienated, and irritated, not just for no reason, just because my personal loo is blocked and the bathroom overflowing.

what i want to say, I did not threaten people with statements do to a Jihad?
but i received such a lot of blackmail.

the true reason:
so called "toxic personalities"
toxic personalities! - chatterbox - digital technology - microcontroller news station - Message Board - Yuku
it's really a good article coming from Yahoo.

If i think someone to whom I talk or write would not potentially be situated to buy something, I'd stop talking, essentially.

Attachments

• 3637102613_fba456aa7e.jpg
    3637102613_fba456aa7e.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 424
Hosting the images at another site has no benefit over hosting them here.

If you can take the time to make a post here, surely you can take the time to do everyone the small favour of also attaching your images here.

I'm sure that while you do think yours is a "special case", as you put it, so does every other person who comes down the pipe with some reason why they should host their images somewhere else. They're all wrong.

Regards,

Torben

Hosting the images at another site has no benefit over hosting them here.

If you can take the time to make a post here, surely you can take the time to do everyone the small favour of also attaching your images here.

I'm sure that while you do think yours is a "special case", as you put it, so does every other person who comes down the pipe with some reason why they should host their images somewhere else. They're all wrong.

Regards,

Torben

thank you for your efforts.
i may have accessed to some minor priviledged information but all forum members should live to equal rules.

So after considering your feedback i think i will at least attach a low-resolution copy.

the external images also can be commented seperately, and will lead to other related images, so I will also consider to link a small thumb if appreciate.

I will try to apply common sense, and maybe not attach images which are just voluntary extra data.

I do not want to give people the feeling that they are less priviledged than me, neither do I insist on a "special case" (tough not all members have good-standards web sites or home pages).

This has got to be one of the weirdest threads ever.

Torben

I would not poke him unneccessarily.
the picture you show is a spoof that has been shown on the net many times.

if you want to see something educational you could look up Sarah Palin on Youtube.

as mentioned, currently I am not interested in DPRK (north Korea).
if you want to discuss it, you may open a seperate thread.

I just wanted to argue that there are other problems than apparently I've turned some forum into a "cesspool".

also she has good english skills: "sitting in a seated judgement".

no I like her, and she's also receiving other fanmail, such as online games.

it's almost script kiddies, i guess, not grown up adults.

I mean, Sarah Palin, and the television interviews.
have you seen the particulary interview with that "seated judgement"?

I mean, i appreciate her talking skills, somehow.

thank you for your efforts.
i may have accessed to some minor priviledged information but all forum members should live to equal rules.

So after considering your feedback i think i will at least attach a low-resolution copy.

the external images also can be commented seperately, and will lead to other related images, so I will also consider to link a small thumb if appreciate.

If you're posting attachments - post them here - otherwise the links will fail in the future making nonsense of your posts.

There's absolutely no reason to want them hosted elsewhere, and it's just a far poorer solution.

yes I understand it better now after receiving additional feedback.

sometimes I'd maybe show additional view for some reason, but just attach essential data. I think it is NP (no problem).

I will also take a look how others are doing it.
that is not saying that i am a "follower", rather i would just consider it.

This has got to be one of the weirdest threads ever.

Torben

Yup... in all my years of intarwebs , I never felt that fuzzy after reading a thread without being also drunk. The mismatch of in and of topics is reaching the level of an art form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back