Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about battery charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcchuar

i"m using below circuit to charge up my car battery, and i'm using solar panel as a power supply, is around 2A-3A as a output for solar panel, my charging voltage for car battery is around 14V-14.7V

i'm also using my car battery to power my electrolysis system at the same time (is around 7A needed), but not using all the time, while the charging system is in progress and i'm using the car battery to power my electrolysis at the same time, my charging voltage will drop to around 13V, will this spoil my car battery?anyone know about this?need any circuit to solve this problem?

**broken link removed**

i'm using this for school project purpose, i want produce hydrogen through electrolysis.....anyone can help me?

When a car battery is supplying current and discharging, it's voltage will drop below 13V. This is normal and will not harm the battery. But for maximum battery life you generally don't won't to discharge it below 50% of it's capacity, unless it's a deep discharge type of battery (such as used on boat trolling motors).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back