Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

psu regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeytree

i want to make a power supply for an amp i built using two tda2030s. i have a transformer that gives out 15V and a bridge rectifier that can handel up to about 4amps at 50V (is that ok to use?) so that i dont damage the amp i wanted to regulate it, i looked around and found a voltage regulator STK5841 i know that it is old but i have it and dont want to buy one it regulates to 12V 1A but i am not sure how to conect it.
1.does it take a dc input (does it need to be filterd arfter the rectifier)
2.does the amp need to use two of the outputs(one for each channel(tda2030 datasheet pg.6 fig15+16
3.and basicallyi need to know how to wire it
both the datasheet are on th bottom.

thank you for all your help :D

Attachments

• stk5481.pdf
    200.8 KB · Views: 202
  • tda2030.pdf
    190.9 KB · Views: 432
I would seriously recomment using a Different regulator.

Possibly One 7812 regulator, Seperately for EACH Amplifier.

Yes, DC Voltage into the regulator.
Yes it Needs to be Filtered, at least a bit before putting it into Any Regulator.

What Two Ouputs in Figure 15+16?

Are you Building a Stereo Amp? (Two Seperate Amps?)
If So, They should be made on Two Seperate PCB's

Gary

monkeytree said:
i want to make a power supply for an amp i built using two tda2030s.
You can't make a power supply for a stereo amp without knowing how much power ouput you need and what speaker impedance you have.

i have a transformer that gives out 15V
You don't say its current rating so we don't know if it will work.
A 15VAC transformer will make 19V after the rectifier bridge if it has about 4700uF of filter capacitance.
Each TDA2030 will provide 4W to an 8 ohm speaker and 7W to a 4 ohm speaker at clipping. Low power. Is that enough power?

and a bridge rectifier that can handel up to about 4amps at 50V (is that ok to use?)
Yes, for this low power stereo amp.

so that i dont damage the amp i wanted to regulate it
It doesn't need a voltage regulator. Use a 4700uF supply filter cap and it will be fine. Its max supply voltage is 36V.

i need to know how to wire it
The schematic and pcb layout in the datasheet show how to wire it if you can see everything in their terrible photocopies.

Attachments

• tda2030.png
    tda2030.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back