psu regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeytree

i want to make a power supply for an amp i built using two tda2030s. i have a transformer that gives out 15V and a bridge rectifier that can handel up to about 4amps at 50V (is that ok to use?) so that i dont damage the amp i wanted to regulate it, i looked around and found a voltage regulator STK5841 i know that it is old but i have it and dont want to buy one it regulates to 12V 1A but i am not sure how to conect it.
1.does it take a dc input (does it need to be filterd arfter the rectifier)
2.does the amp need to use two of the outputs(one for each channel(tda2030 datasheet pg.6 fig15+16
3.and basicallyi need to know how to wire it
both the datasheet are on th bottom.

thank you for all your help

Attachments

• stk5481.pdf
    200.8 KB · Views: 203
  • tda2030.pdf
    190.9 KB · Views: 432
I would seriously recomment using a Different regulator.

Possibly One 7812 regulator, Seperately for EACH Amplifier.

Yes, DC Voltage into the regulator.
Yes it Needs to be Filtered, at least a bit before putting it into Any Regulator.

What Two Ouputs in Figure 15+16?

Are you Building a Stereo Amp? (Two Seperate Amps?)
If So, They should be made on Two Seperate PCB's

Gary

monkeytree said:
i want to make a power supply for an amp i built using two tda2030s.
You can't make a power supply for a stereo amp without knowing how much power ouput you need and what speaker impedance you have.

i have a transformer that gives out 15V
You don't say its current rating so we don't know if it will work.
A 15VAC transformer will make 19V after the rectifier bridge if it has about 4700uF of filter capacitance.
Each TDA2030 will provide 4W to an 8 ohm speaker and 7W to a 4 ohm speaker at clipping. Low power. Is that enough power?

and a bridge rectifier that can handel up to about 4amps at 50V (is that ok to use?)
Yes, for this low power stereo amp.

so that i dont damage the amp i wanted to regulate it
It doesn't need a voltage regulator. Use a 4700uF supply filter cap and it will be fine. Its max supply voltage is 36V.

i need to know how to wire it
The schematic and pcb layout in the datasheet show how to wire it if you can see everything in their terrible photocopies.

Attachments

• tda2030.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…