PSU(Meanwell IRM-01-5) protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeda

Hello guys!

Since i am new here first I would like to apologize if i did draw this schematic wrong(i.e. lines do cross, etc.).It is a few days that i am using this online editor so i am still in the learning process and need to gain a bit more expirience.

I created followed circuit:555 timer in astable mode that will power up 8 leds(blink 4 by 4). When output of timer goes high first 4 leds will be on(it stays on about 0,69x(1k+470k)x2,2 uF), and when output of timer goes low remaining leds will be on(0,69x470kx2,2 uF). At the same time i hook up LED light bulb(10 W) via 5V relay with 230 V mains. Idea is that this LED bulb will light up every time when switch is pressed, and turned off with another switch press(i am aware that i have wrong switch on schematic)

Current in a circuit is aprox. 110 mA

As you can see i am powering my circuit with PSU: MEAN WELL IRM-01-5.

In its datasheet i can see that it has over voltage protection(OVP), overload protection(OLP), short circuit protection(SCP), but i didn´t find anything about OTP(over temperature protection).

I am assuming that these kind of protections protect only a 5V side, but what is with 230V side?

Since i am planing to put my regulator,PCB with all components, and relay inside a box and it would be human operated i need it to be safe as much as possible.

So my question are as follows:

1.How and is there any need to protect PSU from 230 V mains? Fuse, crowbar,…?

2. Is it smart to protect it with some OTP(overtemperature) device like thermistor or similar?

I am very grateful for any advice and help.

Attachments

• Schematic.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 267
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…