Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project small generator 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some of the other (many other) places you have posted this, I notice you say this being done without electronic components. Things such as capacitors and resistors etc. That is not correct, I have posted a picture of the inside of these lights, they contain much components like capacitors etc, or do you think they are not playing a part?

Also one place it looks like your doing this to make money from you tube??? TBH you dont know what your doing, you have so many variables it is difficult to make informed judgement. However I notice in another place you cannot light a Halogen bulb, so even with 200V no halogen will light. Try a 12V halogen, or even a non halogen 3V torch bulb. It still wont light, or try moving the motor out of the way, it still wont light.

Does anyone have a circuit diagram of these types of led lights?? Are they just simple SMPS inside? Hard to tell from the pic but kind of looks like it.

What equipment do you have?
Can you measure the motor RPM?

Are you aware that if you take the microwave motor, and simply turn it with the other motor, you will get a better output? It will need some torque though as 4-8 RPM is alot of gearing. Why not take the capacitors and resistors out of the light and build a joule thief? Would save having to use a motor.

I suspect this thread will get closed soon, but at some point I will open one similar. The difference being it will contain as much info as I can, so we can work out just how inefficient it is as a generator. I took the old vibrator motor out of a mobile phone, a bit of tweaking speed wise and it couples to a coil nicely. For wireless power it might has a application, but the microwave motors make better generators if you dont take them apart.

I wonder if a 12cc glow engine has the torque to turn one?? I have recently got a glow engine to run on petrol ~(cheaper than glow fuel in UK), using a glow plug that is on until engine at 3/4 max speed. Works well but not as much torque. Now for those that know me and drones......guess where that one is leading :D. Would take some engineering to make it work though. And a .75 glow engine minimum. Would also need to down grade the drone motors and strip weight off.

Does anyone have a circuit diagram of these types of led lights?? Are they just simple SMPS inside? Hard to tell from the pic but kind of looks like it.

It varies greatly from manufacturer to manufacture and even model to model and size.

Some have rather impressive micro SMPS units that give them a wide input voltage and frequency range and some are bare minimal capacitive impedance type that have a very narrow voltage and frequency input range.

I have a bunch of both in use around my place and despite the higher end ones having tiny SMPS to give the LEDS optimal current and power for longest LED service life they tend to fail far more often than the bare minimal capacitive impedance regulated ones simply due the cheapos having so few parts in them to fail. :(

$1 60 watt equivalent LED's with minimal power control are beating the $5 higher end SMPS based ones. Also interestingly enough for equal lumens and bulb temperature ratings the cheapo are a good watt lower in power consumption as well simply due to less power supply loses. 7 - 8 watts for a 60w 5000K cheapo Vs 8 - 9 watts for a higher end 60w 5000K bulb.

It varies greatly from manufacturer to manufacture and even model to model and size.

Some have rather impressive micro SMPS units that give them a wide input voltage and frequency range and some are bare minimal capacitive impedance type that have a very narrow voltage and frequency input range.

I have a bunch of both in use around my place and despite the higher end ones having tiny SMPS to give the LEDS optimal current and power for longest LED service life they tend to fail far more often than the bare minimal capacitive impedance regulated ones simply due the cheapos having so few parts in them to fail. :(

$1 60 watt equivalent LED's with minimal power control are beating the $5 higher end SMPS based ones. Also interestingly enough for equal lumens and bulb temperature ratings the cheapo are a good watt lower in power consumption as well simply due to less power supply loses. 7 - 8 watts for a 60w 5000K cheapo Vs 8 - 9 watts for a higher end 60w 5000K bulb.
So is it the caps that mainly go in the more expensive ones?

I looked in the shops on sat, some of them have pretty goods on. On a couple of the sites he has posted on, there is mention of this being done as way to make money on you tube. It could be a translation thing though as the site wasnt in English, but I got the overall feeling that somewhere there is a bit of a scam going on, some sites he is wanting to learn and some wanting to teach.

LG - If this topic it will be closed it is not the end we are already reciving emails from all over the world on the google acount which is easy to guess.
I will start with the begining I have asked an expert Sir .... ..... if the magnetic field generated by the rotative system it is dangerous for people or not ( we don.t wish to make something which is dangerous for people, for animals, etc) he kindly told us it is not in his expertise area.
We think that the coil is a kind of antenna for the magnetic field generated by the sphere - we can be wrong.
We put in discussion our small generator on related forums, that why we posted here to have some opinions from people with knowledges.
We are triyng to use other "materials" (conventional /non conventional) instead the coil to obtain energy from the rotative magnetic field created by the sphere - the porpose is pure educational as we said we don.t wish to construct a generator for a house, for a block, or for a country, we do know the nuclear reactor is "the mother of electricity" - and ....Max Planck Institute
lonely person, money from youtube, we can ad 7 kids at home, 3 wives, living in a cave, aliens using hammers :) are just simple opinions for us - out of topic.
we didn.t refered to the bulb when we said we are not using capacitors and resistors - eferal to the " small generator"
the microwave turntable motor - which containing the coil - use wheels inside .....
so some people decide fast we have zero knowledges, we don.t know how to measure the values, etc - we invite them to reproduce it - it is simple it will take 5 min for them and measure it.
TCM - we know, about them, it is a particular case we can imagine a small UPS 350 W - and a 7 W led bulb.....but this is not the ideea

thx st.

Last edited:
LG - If this topic it will be closed it is not the end we are already reciving emails from all over the world on the google acount which is easy to guess.
I will start with the begining I have asked an expert Sir .... ..... if the magnetic field generated by the rotative system it is dangerous for people or not ( we don.t wish to make something which is dangerous for people, for animals, etc) he kindly told us it is not in his expertise area.
We think that the coil is a kind of antenna for the magnetic field generated by the sphere - we can be wrong.
We put in discussion our small generator on related forums, that why we posted here to have some opinions from people with knowledges.
We are triyng to use other "materials" (conventional /non conventional) instead the coil to obtain energy from the rotative magnetic field created by the sphere - the porpose is pure educational as we said we don.t wish to construct a generator for a house, for a block, or for a country, we do know the nuclear reactor is "the mother of electricity" - and ....Max Planck Institute
lonely person, money from youtube, we can ad 7 kids at home, 3 wives, living in a cave, aliens using hammers :) are just simple opinions for us - out of topic.
we didn.t refered to the bulb when we said we are not using capacitors and resistors - eferal to the " small generator"
the microwave turntable motor - which containing the coil - use wheels inside .....
so some people decide fast we have zero knowledges, we don.t know how to measure the values, etc - we invite them to reproduce it - it is simple it will take 5 min for them and measure it.
TCM - we know, about them, it is a particular case we can imagine a small UPS 350 W - and a 7 W led bulb.....but this is not the ideea

thx st.

You could answer most these questions yourself, as you have been told how. You have the stuff there, so why would people go out and gather the bits to do the experiments that would answer the questions? Put another way, why dont you do the things suggested and report back?

Lets start with question

1.) is the magnetic field generated by the rotative system it is dangerous for people or not
A.
NO the magnetic field isnt dangerous. The Voltage induced could be if people use a bigger motor to spin the magnet.

2) We think that the coil is a kind of antenna for the magnetic field generated by the sphere - we can be wrong.
A.
Your right and wrong, the coil does pick up magnetic fields. its likely a very small one from the sphere, this you could prove yourself very very easy. As I keep saying........... Simply make the shaft of the motor to the magnet longer, keep magnet same place etc etc, but move the motor up around 8 inches. This will show you if the magnet is actually doing very much or not. If the magnet is mainly responsible for the voltage, then moving the motor up should not drop the voltage by much.
If the motor is the main place the electro magnetic field is coming from, then moving it away will reduce the voltage alot. This proves if the sphere is acting as a generator, or if the motor is supplying the increased voltage by inductive coupling. I hate to spoil your fun but all the tests I did, show the motor is the main source of electro magnetic energy. So now you repeat and see if you get the same. If you get the same then simply put a normal ball bearing in the centre of the coil, this will do the same as the magnet is doing. And move the motor back near the coil to get the high voltage again.

3) We are triyng to use other "materials" (conventional /non conventional) instead the coil to obtain energy from the rotative magnetic field created by the sphere

A.

First thing to do is prove the sphere is responsible for the main electro magnetic field, there is zero point testing other materials with the sphere, until you KNOW for sure, that the little sphere is the main source!!

4) the porpose is pure educational.

A. To who is this educational?? You or others? Until you can answer question 2, no one is going to learn anything.

5) lonely person, money from youtube, we can ad 7 kids at home, 3 wives, living in a cave, aliens using hammers :) are just simple opinions for us - out of topic.

A.

No it is exactly on topic, you are asking for free help from people. Alot of the people earn a great deal of money, and have worked/studied hard to gain this knowledge. People have a right to know your motives etc, when helping you for free. If you dont want to give your reasons or motives then hire someone to do the work.

6)

A.

So badly written its hard to make much sense from it, but the bit I do understand is this....... You think the components inside the led dont play any part in the generator or the fact the leds light.

I think your very wrong here, what if they are essential to the generator working? Which I am starting to think they are. Easy to answer this question, if the circuit inside the bulb has nothing to do with the ability for the generator to light the leds, THEN REMOVE THE CIRCUIT inside the bulb, the leds will light just fine without it, IF the circuit isnt playing a part. My own view is the circuit inside the leds maybe acting a bit like a joule thief circuit, therefore are actually very important to the generator. You cant claim the generator dosnt need them until you prove with the simple test above.

7) so some people decide fast we have zero knowledges, we don.t know how to measure the values, etc

A.
The fact you couldnt work out that the coil produced current, but your meter couldnt read it, is a pretty good clue to your knowledge. Other clues include but are not limited to............
Your inability to provide worked out examples of the power etc, the fact you have made so many assumptions but havnt done some simple tests. Your reasoning at times is totally illogical.

8) we invite them to reproduce it - it is simple it will take 5 min for them and measure it.

A.

I have tested this, there is nothing special with the coil your using, if you had the knowledge or experience to measure the coils inductance, That would of helped alot. We could of even simulated it for you. I dont need to use the exact parts you have, what you are dealing with is simple electrical principles. So while values may change the same affects should be seen. The fact I did do tests, and to be honest alot more tests than you have, means I am certain you are making wrong guesses as to how the thing works. If you cant do the simple tests I suggested above, then your knowledge and ability is indeed very low.

9) TCM - we know, about them, it is a particular case we can imagine a small UPS 350 W - and a 7 W led bulb.....but this is not the ideea

A

WTF are you on about? You seriously telling me, you think those bulbs contain a 350W UPS?? the rest is just utter gibberish, And if that isnt the idea.... Then finally FFS tell us what the idea is! or go away and troll else where, we dont play silly games little man. Start to answer the reasonable questions you have been asked, or go shove it.

@Hex

See I told you it only lasted so long ;)

You could answer most these questions yourself, as you have been told how. You have the stuff there, so why would people go out and gather the bits to do the experiments that would answer the questions? Put another way, why dont you do the things suggested and report back?

Lets start with question

1.) is the magnetic field generated by the rotative system it is dangerous for people or not
A.
NO the magnetic field isnt dangerous. The Voltage induced could be if people use a bigger motor to spin the magnet.

2) We think that the coil is a kind of antenna for the magnetic field generated by the sphere - we can be wrong.
A.
Your right and wrong, the coil does pick up magnetic fields. its likely a very small one from the sphere, this you could prove yourself very very easy. As I keep saying........... Simply make the shaft of the motor to the magnet longer, keep magnet same place etc etc, but move the motor up around 8 inches. This will show you if the magnet is actually doing very much or not. If the magnet is mainly responsible for the voltage, then moving the motor up should not drop the voltage by much.
If the motor is the main place the electro magnetic field is coming from, then moving it away will reduce the voltage alot. This proves if the sphere is acting as a generator, or if the motor is supplying the increased voltage by inductive coupling. I hate to spoil your fun but all the tests I did, show the motor is the main source of electro magnetic energy. So now you repeat and see if you get the same. If you get the same then simply put a normal ball bearing in the centre of the coil, this will do the same as the magnet is doing. And move the motor back near the coil to get the high voltage again.

3) We are triyng to use other "materials" (conventional /non conventional) instead the coil to obtain energy from the rotative magnetic field created by the sphere

A.

First thing to do is prove the sphere is responsible for the main electro magnetic field, there is zero point testing other materials with the sphere, until you KNOW for sure, that the little sphere is the main source!!

4) the porpose is pure educational.

A. To who is this educational?? You or others? Until you can answer question 2, no one is going to learn anything.

5) lonely person, money from youtube, we can ad 7 kids at home, 3 wives, living in a cave, aliens using hammers :) are just simple opinions for us - out of topic.

A.

No it is exactly on topic, you are asking for free help from people. Alot of the people earn a great deal of money, and have worked/studied hard to gain this knowledge. People have a right to know your motives etc, when helping you for free. If you dont want to give your reasons or motives then hire someone to do the work.

6)

A.

So badly written its hard to make much sense from it, but the bit I do understand is this....... You think the components inside the led dont play any part in the generator or the fact the leds light.

I think your very wrong here, what if they are essential to the generator working? Which I am starting to think they are. Easy to answer this question, if the circuit inside the bulb has nothing to do with the ability for the generator to light the leds, THEN REMOVE THE CIRCUIT inside the bulb, the leds will light just fine without it, IF the circuit isnt playing a part. My own view is the circuit inside the leds maybe acting a bit like a joule thief circuit, therefore are actually very important to the generator. You cant claim the generator dosnt need them until you prove with the simple test above.

7) so some people decide fast we have zero knowledges, we don.t know how to measure the values, etc

A.
The fact you couldnt work out that the coil produced current, but your meter couldnt read it, is a pretty good clue to your knowledge. Other clues include but are not limited to............
Your inability to provide worked out examples of the power etc, the fact you have made so many assumptions but havnt done some simple tests. Your reasoning at times is totally illogical.

8) we invite them to reproduce it - it is simple it will take 5 min for them and measure it.

A.

I have tested this, there is nothing special with the coil your using, if you had the knowledge or experience to measure the coils inductance, That would of helped alot. We could of even simulated it for you. I dont need to use the exact parts you have, what you are dealing with is simple electrical principles. So while values may change the same affects should be seen. The fact I did do tests, and to be honest alot more tests than you have, means I am certain you are making wrong guesses as to how the thing works. If you cant do the simple tests I suggested above, then your knowledge and ability is indeed very low.

9) TCM - we know, about them, it is a particular case we can imagine a small UPS 350 W - and a 7 W led bulb.....but this is not the ideea

A

WTF are you on about? You seriously telling me, you think those bulbs contain a 350W UPS?? the rest is just utter gibberish, And if that isnt the idea.... Then finally FFS tell us what the idea is! or go away and troll else where, we dont play silly games little man. Start to answer the reasonable questions you have been asked, or go shove it.

@Hex

See I told you it only lasted so long ;)

9) refering to the TCM examples who is teling us to do it in another way......
8) I didn't told you to analyze the coil it si a simple coil nothing special - the field generated by the sphere is our target
7) we told you are a profesionist - thats means your evaluation is wright youre suposed measures are in the same area with ours.
6) project "small generator" don't means the bulbs....
5) maybe not all the people are thinkyng to the money for example I'm not and I assure you I.m not the only one ( lets be serious an opinion regarding some fields and some materials costs 1 bilion euro )
4)the porpose can be educational or enterteiment..... in this particular case.....
3)our opinion - the sphere is the source.
2) we observed that other "materials" are charging with voltage near the sphere so we are pointing the sphere
1) thank you for your opinion we noted, but to be 100% we are trying also to obtain an opinion from someone in Electrophysiology.
PS: thank you for youre opinions we note all of them.

st

9) Ok
8) The sphere is nothing special and as I keep saying you could easilly prove this. MOVE the MOTOR AWAY from the SPHERE. IF the sphere is doing anything then the results wont change much, if the sphere has little to do with it, then you will see a big change. Why you so reluctant to do this one simple test? I did this and it proved the motor was the main source, yet you absolutely refuse to try this, I can only assume it is because you dont want the real truth.

7) I measured alot more than you did, I measured the inductance and resistance, I measured the voltage and current at the same time from both the coil output and the motor side. I also looked at the waveforms. NO ONE can do it exactly like you have, because you have measured next to nothing, and the things you have measured have been done inadequately with equipment that cannot read down to the levels you need. Again I keep telling you, you dont need an exact replica to discover what is going on, simply moving the motor away from the coil shows the sphere is doing little that a simple steel ball bearing could do.

6) Until you can power anything else, then the bulbs are part of the system! The fact that you cant power ANYTHING except these bulbs, tells you and us that they are important. Most likely because they are helping to boost the current with the circuit they have inside.

5) ???

4) It is not educational in the slightest and the entertainment value just ran out.

3) Your opinion is wrong, what is more you could easily prove this for yourself but refuse too, the only other types that act like this are the over unity guys. Did they give you a badge when you joined?

2) Hardly surprising when the motor is also near the SPHERE, i may have mentioned this before but. MOVE the MOTOR away from the SPHERE to prove it one way or other!!!

1) ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY!! Conclusive proof you havnt got a clue.

Electrophysiologists study the electrical activity inside the HEART!! What exactly does the heart have to do with this nonsense? By all means go ask a cardiologist what he thinks, but its likely he will refer you to a psychiatrist.

I am out of here, seriously hasnt this gone on enough? You have been given more help and benefit of the doubt than most. Just about EVERY other science forum you posted this on closed it down, most have deleted the thread as well. Up until your last set of answers I saw a reason for the thread, you have made it perfectly clear your not interested in knowing what is going on. You also made it clear your unwilling to try a couple of really simple things, I suspect that is because you have tried them, and I also suspect they proved your conclusion utterly wrong. But just like the other OU nutters you ignore the truth and carry on.

Whats next?? why not try adding a flux capacitor? Those from the 1980's seem to work best. After you spoken with the Heart guy, why not go to the beauty place and ask the nice lady, who removes hair from legs with ELECTROLYSIS what she thinks?

"Electrophysiology (from Greek ἥλεκτρον, ēlektron, "amber" [see the etymology of "electron"]; φύσις, physis, "nature, origin"; and -λογία, -logia) is the study of the electrical properties of biological cells and tissues. It involves measurements of voltage change or electric current on a wide variety of scales from single ion channel proteins to whole organs like the heart. In neuroscience, it includes measurements of the electrical activity of neurons, and particularly action potential activity. Recordings of large-scale electric signals from the nervous system, such as electroencephalography, may also be referred to as electrophysiological recordings.[1] They are useful for electrodiagnosis and monitoring" I sugest without links sory to this.

So explain how a electrophysiologist is going to help with a motor,coil and magnet?????????

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=electrophysiologist

Normally associated with the Heart, but ok lets widen it to neuro science and biological systems.

While your at it ask a Butcher,Baker and candlestick maker. They will still tell you to move the fecking motor.

READ post 205!!! Do those tests BEFORE you decide the little sphere is responsible. What your guilty of is being utterly closed minded, I went into it open minded. I tried out some things that you could replicate. You refuse to try them out, WHY??

It would at least prove or Disprove your theory! No one will take you seriously until you work in a methodical manner. I know 100% if you move that motor decent way from the coil the Voltage will drop significantly. I also know using a normal steel ball bearing instead of the magnet, in the set up you have now, will make little change. The problem is this would disprove what you think.

I think this is the reason you wont try it. You have a sphere in mind and nothing else, you will get nowhere with a closed mind and attitude. As for getting rid of the coil......... What are you going to use for inductance?

I tried to be professional, I know some of the smarter guys saw this coming. Some warned me and I concede they were right. There is a reason I am mainly the one still taking part in this, its real simple. I am the more stupid and less experienced member, I still live in a land where people do the science then reach a conclusion. the others have seen it all before and knew this was another Flux capacitor.

The great thing about this site though, none of them will hold it against me, its just yet another thing I got to chalk up to experience. I bet Music Man wishes he hadnt been so quick to take a pot shot though ;). :D :p

I will do your tests only because you insist. if they will take me in serious or not it doesn.t matter, I know what I have in this particular case. I will do this for your effort not for someone. I bet "music man " is wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back