Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small Wind Turbine Project, Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriskid

hi, i have a ac motor and i was just wondering whether it could be simply changed to a dc motor of just two wires? it has 7 wires coming out of it: yellow, yellow/ green, white, blue, red, brown and black.

Let me guess, its a furnace blower motor or fan motor of some sort.
So not likely. An AC induction motor is a whole different type of motor than a DC two wire motor.

With a bit of work and some basic metal working know how its fairly common to change AC motors into permanent magnet AC alternators.
All that is needed is to cut slots in the rotor and fit high powered magnets in it.
I hear that works surprisingly well!
Then you just take the AC power and run it through a rectifier set and get the DC output you need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back