Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programing PIC16F628

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried to compile the asm code of second link.
but still it shows errors , and they are generally syntax one
like u must not use the # or include and so on....

can u help me with the compiler which would be suitable for compilation i will try with that one also.

1. What are you trying to do?

2. Why don't you just burn a chip and put it into the circuit?

Colin Mitchell
Talking Electronics

1. What are you trying to do?

2. Why don't you just burn a chip and put it into the circuit?

Colin Mitchell
Talking Electronics

hay colin
what m trying to do is specified. however i need to make tic tac toe game on electronic board.

well now what i need is a good compiler which can convert asm to hex for PIC micro controller.
plz suggest me the compiler.

I have just spent some time in the chat talking to synchronus about this. Apparently he got a chip burnt by a store and does not have a programmer to verify it. Now the circuit "doesn't work".

He left the diode out of the circuit because someone told him it would make problems. I do not know what she/he replaced it with instead, if anything.

I have suggested that she/he takes pictures of the circuit and posts them on here for us to see. I also suggest that she/he takes a voltage reading at pin 14 of the PIC (+V) to see if it has power.

And finally, please be a little bit more clear. Just because you cannot compile the code yourself does not mean it is broken. The tic-tac-toe site is very well written and has some excellent instructions.

Firstly the circuit has to be very "tight" or the chip will not work. Secondly the voltage must be below 5.5v or chip will "freeze."

hay i have attached pic for my board check it out.

Attachments

• 010520091882.jpg
    010520091882.jpg
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 010520091883.jpg
    010520091883.jpg
    930.6 KB · Views: 273
You haven't added the jumpers across the underside of the board. You haven't put a 100n across the chip.

hay colin thats there .. i had put the 100n capacitor across battery,parallel to 100 micro n resistance.. u can better see in these pics too

Attachments

• 010520091881.jpg
    010520091881.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 177
  • 010520091884.jpg
    010520091884.jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 162
Yes. You put 100n across the battery but not across the chip. No jumpers and no diode to reduce the voltage to less than 5.4v

with refrence to the above photo i guess theres only one 100n u need.. and that too position among battery terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back