Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Product specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are talking about something I was pointing out

Hmm, yeah i have feeling that some bigger brands use their ''status'' as ''excuse'' (probably wrong word) to make low-quality products, while being luxury-priced.

This is what I was saying, that many big companies start doing wrost things, lowering their quality, to be able to match their "cheap" competitors. Vicious circle.

People asking for "more" and "cheap", is something that degrades at mid-long term.
The problem is that most of the times there's no right judgement or criteria.
Of course solution is not easy, and hardly ever could satisfy everyone.

WITHOUT even looking for fault, they check with fancy meter ''oh look, our meter says this'' change overprized part and sending overprized bill....only so customer can come back after 1000km so change same part. If i would have proper garage where to fix my car, i would do all stuff myself, except when some heavy-lifting is needed. And i should make better computer for my car, currently UI is in russia....and it's constantly on, draining battery.

We have the same experience with dealer service- in the UK £90 per hour :arghh:

But yeah, suppose i could make ''car rant thread'' just to keep this thread clean from un-necessary stuff

Be a great thread- everyone has a view on cars!

I've read accidents from local safety-institute's site, as well as trade union's magazine which comes monthly. My buddy got almost electrocuted when on building site, installing just basic outlet. The leader was putting stuff on live and mistakenly switched that outlet as live which my buddy was working on. Luckily, she noticed that there were live voltage when she started to place wires and tightening when rattling started from contacts. Can't recall how leader took this information that he had made such mistake. Even this we were taught that when placing stuff on live, all must be present at junction box, but i fear nowadays rush-rush-rush is what makes all these accidents possible. Too much hurry to go ones grave....

I have seen much the same thing, especially domestic house wiring and gas installations. How more people arn't killed, I don't know. The 1878 house I have recently bought has wiring snaking all over the place, and literrly 7 mains junction boxes where circuits have been added and added. In the attic the down light backs were open and bare wires exposed and much of the wiring is the old cotton coverd stuff, all disintegrating and leaving the corroded copper conductors exposed. Amazingly the house has been fully certified by a professional engineer . I got a very impressive certificate from the estate agent (realtor). Also, the house has no earth-bonding at all.

Hi Elerion,

PSU report attached as promised- sorry for delay (recommended PSU for you and me highlighted in yellow):

Attachments

• ETO 2015 12_20_Iss03-00_Bench_PSU.doc
    189 KB · Views: 405
The switch mode bench power supply recommended for consideration in the above report is part of a family of similar bench power supplies. All have adjustable volts from 0V to max stated and variable current from 0A to max stated:

0V to 15V, 2A, 5A, 10A
@ £40 **broken link removed**

0V to 30V, 3A, 5A, 10A
@ £46 **broken link removed**

0V to 60V, 2A, 3A, 5A
@ £50 **broken link removed**

0V to 120V, 1A, 2A, 3A
@ £59 **broken link removed**

w

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.