Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the significance of being "innovative power product of the year"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your governments will force your country's companies to use it, and minimise lamping, and move the lamps to only where you need them...the days of spreading light troughers all over the ceiling and over-lighting everywhere are gone.
-go into any commercial premises you choose, look up, you will see far, far too much lighting, because they think too much is better than too little, and if they install too little, then they'll have to pay a sparky to come and add some more lamps where they are needed.

I guess that could happen where there is no democracy. Some in democracies will buy into this and some won't. If this company can provide a solution inexpensively saving the end user money, they have a shot at selling their product. If not, all the award does is stroke their ego.

on edit: Removed question.

new question: What is the MTFB for the "award winning system". We know that LEDs have a lifespan of 100,000 + hours, but that doesn't address the other components. We can get an idea if flyback posts the guarantee offered by the manufacturer.

Last edited:
What puzzles me is that this wonder system has a complicated single point failure - the power supply which drives the "cable" .
If the power supply fails, then all the lamps on the cable driven by that power supply go dark.
Or are we to have dual redundant power supplies.
And who is going to change out the faulty power supply...
... the office girl who re-routes the cable to where the light is required?
I don't think so.

As for the statement:
Your governments will force your country's companies to use it
That is not going to happen.
The government may say "reduce lighting power by x%", but the means of achieving that reduction will not be specified.

JimB

I have reported this spammer and I believe one of the mods is looking into this. Flyback posts with different user names on many forums but with exactly the same content. (copy and paste). He obviously has a lot to to with the company and oddly even if you post against his OP you automatically get a like. Some kind of bot ?? The mods should really do something regarding this.

I have reported this spammer and I believe one of the mods is looking into this. Flyback posts with different user names on many forums but with exactly the same content. (copy and paste). He obviously has a lot to to with the company and oddly even if you post against his OP you automatically get a like. Some kind of bot ?? The mods should really do something regarding this.
there's been some very interesting posts he's made on other forums.
one of which details his getting fired for basically exposing the company he was working for lying to the ministry of defense.

there's been some very interesting posts he's made on other forums.
one of which details his getting fired for basically exposing the company he was working for lying to the ministry of defense.

And yet in another forum he stated he quit and wasn't fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back