Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the significance of being "innovative power product of the year"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hello,
I noticed this lighting system, using a single led driver for multiple separate lamps, has won the Electrical Times "innovative power product of the year" award.
What is the significance of this?
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**
it doesn't seem to be a tin-pot thing, this lookslike the real deal.
Howcome nobody has thought of this before?

Howcome nobody has thought of this before?

There are a lot of people in the world. Maybe this is an easier question: Why didn't you?

How will it affect the marketability of your newest world shattering LED dimmer?

John

Hello,
I noticed this lighting system, using a single led driver for multiple separate lamps, has won the Electrical Times "innovative power product of the year" award.
What is the significance of this?
Marketing.

well, I*****a will be the worlds answer to commercial lighting, and some industrial lighting, within a few years...but domestic lighting can be using the dimmer I came up with...the problem with domestic is you often have to rip the floorboards up to get to the lighting super-space.

well, I*****a will be the worlds answer to commercial lighting, and some industrial lighting, within a few years...

If I had a dollar for every person I have read proclaim that in a few years or less they will be the worlds answer to XYZ and never came to fruition because XYZ had already been answered by numerous others far more experienced and knowledgeable than them, well lets just say I would have my answer to not having to work any more. :rolleyes:

My point is I seriously doubt you will be taking over the world lighting systems any time soon. Doubtfully in my lifetime either and I plan to live for a very long time. :facepalm:

I noticed this lighting system, using a single led driver for multiple separate lamps
It looks expensive, and requires more parts than just putting in a lamp.

Yes I can do that now, and the peaple that can't will need a carpanter to cut new holes anyway.

you can do it, but most office staff cannot...and they cant do it as quik as with an I******a system.
You can use that "foamy" panel kind of stuff and easily cut holes in it.

Who said anything about office staff? I thought we have been talking about residntal lighting.

residential might be a problem, as you tend to have to pull up the floor boards to get to the lighting super-space...not always though.

yes but you can move the lamps without having to get an electrician

Who needs to move lamps so much that it makes you rich? Or did I miss something here?

Your governments will force your country's companies to use it, and minimise lamping, and move the lamps to only where you need them...the days of spreading light troughers all over the ceiling and over-lighting everywhere are gone.
-go into any commercial premises you choose, look up, you will see far, far too much lighting, because they think too much is better than too little, and if they install too little, then they'll have to pay a sparky to come and add some more lamps where they are needed.

Now with I******a, you can use too little, and then add more as and where you need it..no need to get the sparky..you don't even need tools, you just unclip the lights and reclip them.
Your government is now trialling this product...I guarantee it..it will be with us all soon.

Your governments will force your country's companies to use it, and minimise lamping, and move the lamps to only where you need them...the days of spreading light troughers all over the ceiling and over-lighting everywhere are gone.
-go into any commercial premises you choose, look up, you will see far, far too much lighting, because they think too much is better than too little, and if they install too little, then they'll have to pay a sparky to come and add some more lamps where they are needed.

Now with I******a, you can use too little, and then add more as and where you need it..no need to get the sparky..you don't even need tools, you just unclip the lights and reclip them.
Your government is now trialling this product...I guarantee it..it will be with us all soon.

Go on.. I have my tinfoil-hat on.

Isotera thread again. :banghead:

Seriously you need to take the OCD meds everyday even when you don't think you need to take them. Thats how they work. :mad:

Then why would we need your dimmer's?????

yes but you can move the lamps without having to get an electrician

I am in Antalya Turkey and I just installed a set of 'custom moveable' undercabinet lights in my wifes parents kitchen.

All that was needed for the custom install and easy mobility was some bits of a 2 tl role of double sided tape. :D

What kind of award do I get now for innovative use of items from the 2 tl ($1) bin at the neighborhood hardware store and does this make me a world wide installer now? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey tcm...Well said.

Its all about Logic and stuff...some people just don't get it. My loosing battle here in SA is sad.......

I have said it before and I will say it again....Stupid people will NEVER GET IT. No matter how hard you try as an individual....it's a lost cause.
People are either born with intelligence...or without :grumpy:. Intelligence canno't be created. It is part of you....or not. Stupid stays stupid. Period.

And so I say goodnight. Stay well TCM. Till next time.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back