Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with barcode scaner and counter Multiscan MT31x

Status
Not open for further replies.

samti

After power on the machine, always there is following message on the display:
”FATAL ERROR 20”. If anyone had similar problem please help.I have not electric diagrams.

What did the company say the error meant when you emailed them? Or didn't you? ;)

Ken

Hi Samti,

As Ken, I guess the best way to find out what's happen is to contact the dealer.

Any way, did you check the count sensors? (look for dirt or a piece of paper stucked on it)

CM

Hi,
There are two boards UCM and UCP.When appears message "Fetel error 20":
- failure in UCM
- failure in UCP
- connection problems between them
The connections are well.The count sensors are new.There are problems in UCM or UCP.
The UCM recives the control signals from UCP, provide power supply, control the electromechanical devices, the snsors and the optical encoder.
The UCP supervises and controls UCM, controls and comunicates with the scaner, stores and processes the data read, receives the operator's commands through the keyboard and display, controls the communication with the Host and the classification process of accepted and rejected documents.
I think that problem is in UCP board.I had replaced most elements without several chips (I can not find them) EF68B09P;EF6840P;EF68B50P. Probably EF68B09P - 8-bit microprocessor is damaged.I do not know.
There is not authorized service center nearby.

Samti,

From your post i guess the 6809 it's working fine because you can read the message in the LCD!

Could you adjust the new count sensors successfully?
Are the new count sensors orignal spare parts or replacements?

CM

Last edited:
Hi, CMacchi
The new count sensors are original spare parts.I can adjust sensors with voltmeter (with and without paper).

Samti

Ok then. Look for the problem into the Z80 board. FatErr20 means (as Multiscan told me once) "Z80 Board doesn't respond properly" usual reason is count sensors broken, dirty or miss adjusted but may be anything.

Do you have bus activity in the Z80 system?

Dear Samti,
This is deepak from Mumbai India. we can help you from spares to support on mail for Multiscan Mt 31 series. write me your location and company profile. We have spares ready for these machines.
Waiting for reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back