Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem using TL082CP as a voltaage buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Hi all,
first post here. I am trying to design a simple voltage follower in breadboard using TL082cp opamp and the circuit is attached. However i am getting very noisy output even though the simulator worked fine.
I have connected everything as in the picture with only the ground connection is missing(did not use any ground connection) and connected the ground probe of osciloscope to the negative supply. Is there anything that i did wrong here??

Thnak You

Attachments

• voltage follower.png
    voltage follower.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 589
hi,
The power lines to the OPA are not referenced to 0V , it will not work correctly.

hi,
thanks a lot for the reply.
Can you explain a bit more. Do you mean, i need a ground for both R1 and negative supply terminal?
Also i am wondering whether a ground means connecting to earth??

hi,
You ideally need a +5V and -5V supply to the OPA.

Are you using the other half of the TL082 for any thing else.???

Ok,thanks i will try accordingly.
No, i am not using the other part and so left them unconnected.
Also do i need a ground connectin here???

Ok,thanks i will try accordingly.
No, i am not using the other part and so left them unconnected.
Also do i need a ground connectin here???

hi,
Use the other half to split the 10V into +/-5V, look at this image.

When using the non inverting input such a large value of capacitor is not required.

Say 100nF and 100K.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    42.3 KB · Views: 415
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back