Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with TP4056 Lithium Battery Charger

okbro

I am having trouble with the Problem with TP4056 Lithium Battery Charger and protection module. It is showing red indicating that the battery is being charged. But there is no charging even after many hours.

I accidentally got the OUT+ and BAT+ soldered together(see attached picture). I tried to remove the connection but the spacing between the pads is so close I could not remove it. I used de-soldering wire too. What method could I use to remove the solder between the pads? Does OUT+ and BAT+ shorted connection hinders the charging operation? Could it be the 3.7V Lithium Ion battery problem?

Attachments

• TP4056.jpg
    TP4056.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 157
OUT+ and B+ are directly connected in the PCB, with the TP4056 modules I have, so the bridge between the pads should not affect anything.

What is the voltage across the battery, without the charger powered and with it working?

(If the battery has been left flat too long, it could have failed).

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back