Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Popups advert every page

Status
Not open for further replies.

WagonWheel

Hi, Im new to the forum. I continually get a popup advert as soon as I go on this forum or electro-tech web pages. I click close and as soon as I go to another page it comes up again, I have allowed cookies etc etc I think OK but it keeps re-ocurring. Its not a good advert, so it is not serving its purpose, because I dont even read it, I look for the word close and click it

Try an ad-blocker add-on for your browser.

I have heard this complaint before. IF I am logged in, I don't see those pop-ops reoccurring. IF I am NOT logged in, I do.

I tried the settings in Google chrome browser, popup ad still comes up. I also installed Adblocker, still kept coming up, so uninstalled it again.
I see "western" has posted the same problem earlier......I agree with him it is a bad idea and would definately discourage new members. If I am following a thread whether I am contributing to it or not, I would want to be able to browse and see if any further replies without going through the hassle of logging in each time to avoid the popups.......and if I wanted to reply to a thread or create a new one I would login.
I see in the bottom of the screen its something to do with adclick.g.doubleclick.net which is not good and will certainly put people off using the site.

I havent tried Firefox to see if it is any better.???

I use Adguard in Chrome; I've had three? on here I think, ever. They were eliminated by the block ads facility in adguard.

Firefox with uBlock Origin stops ALL ads. It's light on resources too. Give it a try :)

I installed Adguard, Still get the green box with "close X" but no advert in it. Also the adclick etc etc has stopped appearing. no ads if I login. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back