Popups advert every page

Status
Not open for further replies.

WagonWheel

Hi, Im new to the forum. I continually get a popup advert as soon as I go on this forum or electro-tech web pages. I click close and as soon as I go to another page it comes up again, I have allowed cookies etc etc I think OK but it keeps re-ocurring. Its not a good advert, so it is not serving its purpose, because I dont even read it, I look for the word close and click it

I have heard this complaint before. IF I am logged in, I don't see those pop-ops reoccurring. IF I am NOT logged in, I do.

I tried the settings in Google chrome browser, popup ad still comes up. I also installed Adblocker, still kept coming up, so uninstalled it again.
I see "western" has posted the same problem earlier......I agree with him it is a bad idea and would definately discourage new members. If I am following a thread whether I am contributing to it or not, I would want to be able to browse and see if any further replies without going through the hassle of logging in each time to avoid the popups.......and if I wanted to reply to a thread or create a new one I would login.
I see in the bottom of the screen its something to do with adclick.g.doubleclick.net which is not good and will certainly put people off using the site.

I havent tried Firefox to see if it is any better.???

I use Adguard in Chrome; I've had three? on here I think, ever. They were eliminated by the block ads facility in adguard.

Firefox with uBlock Origin stops ALL ads. It's light on resources too. Give it a try

I installed Adguard, Still get the green box with "close X" but no advert in it. Also the adclick etc etc has stopped appearing. no ads if I login. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…