Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pl help me in servicing my onida dvd player (dfx 7100)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajkumar A

I am having problem in power supply. Iam not getting +12V power supply.( Iam getting only +8.76V) What could be the problem ?Pl help me.

Many power supply problems are due to electrolytic capacitor failure. Can you see any electrolytic capacitors that are swollen, leaking or split on the top?

View attachment 64203

Yes I changed the electrolytic capacitor which was bulged on the top (marked red/ 330 μFD / 10 V). But the result was rhe same. Should I change the mini transaformer ?(marked Green)

No, it won't be faulty - and you almost certainly wouldn't be able to source a replacement as it will be custom to that model.

You should change the other faulty capacitors, you can test them with either an ESR meter (with it turned off), or an oscilloscope (with it turned on).

If you have neither, try replacing the capacitor(s) on the 12V line that's low.

I would try the big 450v electrolytic.
Looking at the photo, the leads appear to be tarnished as though the chemicals of the internals of the capacitor had leaked out a bit.

JimB

Waaw..w..w...

Thanks Moderator and Jim. I'll try replacing the other capacitor in that line.
Here in Salem,TN,India the SMPS board for DVD player is available for around Rs 100/-
But I want to rectify the fault in my DVD player with your (technical) help.

I want to ask you one more qustion.

What should be the volts at the secondary coils of the transformer marked Red ?
Should it be 5 V,12 V and 25 V ?
View attachment 64227

Last edited:
I m not able to see the attachment posted by Raj, please help me to view the attachment. I need to check the IC number as mine was blown away with nothing on top. My onida dvd smps won't work until i get the ic number. Help anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back