Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help identifying component in charging circuit, marked "SKLJJ"

Fedde

I have a Phillips Picopix Max (mini projector)that doesn't charge the battery, but turns on if the battery is charged. I located this chip near the usb c, looks like it has released the magic smoke.
The markings are SKLJJ, i can't find anything on it. Someone know of a possible replacement chip? Or how i can find out what it does?

Attachments

• 5bsa.png
    5bsa.png
    9.9 MB · Views: 115
SM devices are often impossible to identify, there seems little or no reasoning behind their labelling - from the look of it I'd suggest it's perhaps a voltage regulator?.

For SM you really need a service manual, that identifies what all the parts are and gives a schematic - but I suspect that's unlikely?.

Next best, would be to check a working unit, and measure the voltages round that device, this will identify if it is actually a voltage regulator, and also what voltage it is, plus the pin connections. You can then try and find one with similar specs.

Thanks again!
Found that forum also, tried so many times creating an account without luck.

If i don't find anything for a while ill just do as you say and add a external usb c pcb charger to the battery

Thanks again!
Found that forum also, tried so many times creating an account without luck.

If i don't find anything for a while ill just do as you say and add a external usb c pcb charger to the battery
Bear in mind, you would need a real 'charger' NOT just a power supply - most so called 'chargers' are just power supplies, and the actual charger is inside the device, and the external supply just provides power for it.

Connecting just a power supply directly to a Li-Ion battery is going to destroy the battery, if it doesn't explode or burst in to flame. It's VERY, VERY dangerous thing to do.

Yes, i am aware, my plan is to either connect a 3s balanced charger that uses usb c, or just take out the battery and use an usb c PD decoy board. I tested by removing the battery and connecting 12v to the battery port, the unit works.
However the best solution would be to fix it the right way, however it seems impossible to know what that component is.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back