Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pinwood Derby Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaellcoleman

Hellow to All This is New to me so Bear with Me.

I am looking for schematics or an inexpensave kit for a four digit timer with a start, stop, and reset that is accurate to 1 or 2 milliseconds. I will be using it to time cub scout pinewood Derby cars. We are using the eyeball method and as you can guess it gets prity out of controll sometimes.

Infer red stop would be preferd, but not required.

If anybody could point me in a drection I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Michael Coleman.

Do a Google search for "pinewood derby timer". Make sure you spell all the words correctly.

You can find a great 4 digit timer that is accurate down to 100th of a second from www.electronics123.com. The kit is actually made by www.ozitronics.com and you will be looking for firmware option 4. This is funny because a friend of mine just asked me about the same sort of thing last night. I am also trying to accomplish the same thing. The kit comes with a panel that looks like this:
|- |+ |- |+ |- |+ |- |+
DC IN Reset Start Stop
So you could easily connect some sort of circuit to the Start pins, and another to the stop pins. The basic timer costs $9.95 (you have to do some basic sodering) and the chip with the firmware 2 option is an additional $4.95.
Does anyone here know of some exact parts that could be used as start stop triggers???

while the timer idea is nice, I think cub scouts as young as they are would be better off having just a light come on above the winning car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back