Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Piezoceramic Transducers

Status
Not open for further replies.

konradslepoy

Hi,
I'm working on a sonoluminescence project for the science fair.I'm just trying to get the setup to work, and get a bubble to glow. To get it to work, I need 3 Piezoceramic transducers (2 drivers, 1 microphone). Does anyone know where I can get these type of transducers, and what type they need to be?

Kon

That's a very vague question.

What frequency do you require?

Presumable they need to be waterproof?

As a sometime science fair judge, let me suggest that you have an experiment planned, not just a demonstration of sonoluminescence. For example, the effect of surfactants on sonoluminescence. John

Hero999 said:
That's a very vague question.

What frequency do you require?

Presumable they need to be waterproof?
No, they don't need to be waterproof. They are outside of the flask. The frequency will be at about 23 kHz for a 125ml flask.

You could use a pizo tweeter at that frequency.

I've descovered that those very cheap copper disc piezo transducers have some ultrasonic resonances. I've measured different modles by connecting one to an oscilloscope and another to the output of a frequency generator. I've found that some have sharp resonances at 33kHz and others at 98kHz which can come in handy if you're after a cheap source of ultrasound.

Another option is to save yourself the bother and use an ultrasonic cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back