Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current transducers application field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svetka

Hello, guys. My question is related to my research work
I am a Phd student involved to the work of R&D department. We are currently working with a technology which allows us to improve the performance of Hall effect based current sensors, in particular we can provide larger frequency bandwidth( >400 kHz) comparing to the Hall effect based (250 kHz), accuracy 0.1% and the same price range as of the hall effect based sensors. While investigating the market needs and applications of the sensors I have faced with a problem that Hall effect sensors cover the needs of the industry pretty well, so no obvious gap was found. I am not a professional in the field, that"s why i need help in picking out some potential industries our sensor can be used, with an emphasize on 400 kHZ of frequency bandwidth and 0.1% of accuracy. It is a part of my future thesis, so I really will appreciate any help/advice. May be you can give me some hints what application can really benefit from it?

Thank you for the help.

Hello,

If they are really that accurate and that much better, perhaps a current probe for an oscilloscope.

Dobry Den,

I work mostly with Aircraft, Automotive, and Solar applications, and I want good accuracy at DC. About the highest thing I encounter is alternator ripple at about 5kHz ;)

It could possibly be used for high efficiency current detection and current feedback in high frequency switch-mode power supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back