Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic Cleaning Transducers, series or parallel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigman

Hi I have a small ultrasonic cleaning device and it runs 1 x 50W transducer at the moment. I am going to build another that uses two 20W transducers and was just wondering what the best configuration is, to wire them in series or in parallel?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Either way should work, though the driver properties obviously would have to differ. How do you define 'best' ?

hey thanks for that. Just don't want to put undue stress on the driver circuit or the drivers themselves. here is the circuit, its from silicon chip.
112072_3mg-1.jpg

You are going to have to position your transducers at very precise distances from each other to avoid them canceling one another out. It depends on the impedance of the 20watt unit compared to the 50watt unit, you do need to impedance match, I'm thinking series is probably the way to go,

Last edited:
Hey here is the spec

40kHz 50W 20 Ohms, 4000pF Capacitance
40kHz 20W 30 Ohms, 3100pF Capacitance

With the Ohms at 30 per 20W parallel would make it 15 Ohms which is probably closer to the 20 Ohms of the standard transducer as opposed to series that would make it 60 Ohms?

Yes, but the capacitance will be a bit higher, it's not a perfect match but definitly the better of the two.

Why are you separating the traducers anyways, you're going to have wave negation issues not to mention reflections within the container.

Going to run two small cleaning baths so cancellation shouldn't be an issue. so definitely series? Or is it a little bit of a either way will work scenario?

I see no components clearly associated with impedance matching in the schematic posted, so presumably any matching is done by the tranformer characteristics, which may well be critical to success.

Yes, parallel definitely is the first way you should try it. It's pretty close to the single transducer, in series would probably drastically reduce delivered power.

Check the date of the original thread.

Hi all. Im no electronick bofen but am intrested in building a few things. The one is an ultrasonick kleaning setup. Mostly to clean of bronze castings. Nead to be pritty big id say avarage casting be about 400mm diameter and 600 tall. The material that need to be cleaned of is ceramics. Nead to get hammerd a bit. Can anny one recomend wat sort of power ratings I nead to look at and if posibal can some one help whith diagrams
Thanx

Hi there
would you please send me the pcb and hex file .if you have !

email address deleted - Moderator

I will be realy appreciate >

Last edited by a moderator:
Seven year old thread.
Original poster has not been seen here for several years.
A response is unlikely.

Thread closed.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back