Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

photodarlington interrupter switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

this is supposed to de bounce the optical intrrupter switch but values for resistors and capacitors were not listed in schematic.
just took a stab at it.
simed in LT spice but creating switch bounce??
inputed a pwl with lots of different voltages (2-5v) with different rise times)
output is nice and square but right??
going to use for a wind direction sensor connected to an 18F452 PIC.
basically an up/down counter.
using two interrupter switches on one slotted wheel.

Attachments

• debounce.PNG
    debounce.PNG
    54.5 KB · Views: 238
The opto interrupter usually needs to have a pull up resistor. It also has an internal resistance.

Time frame is inconsistent. You are trying to simulate 100ms pulses through a 1ms filter over a period of 100s.

Most importantly, your stimulus pulses all occur at the same time!

still new at LT Spice. trying to simulate a bouncing input switch.. I tried a sine wave and it came out nice and square.
the schematic came off a web site I found. I know it may not be correct but saw basically same on more than one site.
I am just experimenting at this time.

If you got the simulation from more than one site, they are both wrong. You cannot have 4 pulses at the same time. (But I'm surprised that LTSpice doesn't throw an error.)

I tested with this stimulus: PULSE(0 3 10m 0 0 10m 30m 3)

I hope my hints will be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back