Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photo Etch - - - UV Tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a go at photo etching today but the output was poor, probably due to the 2 tungsten bayonet fitting UV bulbs I was using and so I want to get a couple of UV tubes to replace them. I need tubes no longer than 300mm long or i'll have to make another box. I looked in Maplin and couldn't find anything suitable only security lights etc. I also looked on the RS website, they do T5 lights a pair for £16.95 (+VAT) with starters, and a ballast for £4.60 (+VAT) each. I would need the end caps also.

Does anyone have a supplier that they can recommend or should I go with RS ??

UV tungsten bulbs don't give much UV light, they mostly give visible violet which can make some fluroescent dyes glow. They are totally useless for exposing photoresist board.

If you want something from Craplin their 15W compact fluroescent bulb will work.
**broken link removed**

I'd prefer RS, here's what you need.

Insect killer tube

8W ballast for one 8W tube.
OR:
I think you might be able to use a 16W ballast for two 8W tubes?

For more information check RS's guide.

Attachments

• RS's guide to fluro tubes.pdf
    114.9 KB · Views: 440
Also the downfall to RS seems to be that I have to buy 10 ballasts!!

***EDIT***

Scratch that I found another that can be bought singularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back