Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phase lock loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bully_victim

does anybody know if you would be able to use phase lock loop to take a sample of a standing wave (produced from a guitar) in order to compare its intial frequency level with a reference frequency (produced by an oscilator)
just an idea that somebody gave me and i was wondering if it would work.... :D :D :D

I am not sure what you want to do, but a guitar puts out several harmonics in addition to the fundamental component when you play a string. You wont be able to compare the raw sound from the guitar with the output of a pll/vco. You would have to do some filtering of the initial wave first. now, the guitar is going to be audio frequency, so you can probably do this without a pll just synthesizing the wave in software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back