Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Feedback Loop calculation for Voltage mode flyback

Flyback

Hi,

Please advise how to prove stability for the attached TOPswitch-HX (TOP255GN) Flyback which operates in Continuous Conduction Mode
It is with 90VAC input and 24V, 0.8A output.

I calculated the feedback loop Bode plots using AN-57 by Power Integrations.

However, the Bode plots come out as nonsense. They give a crossover frequency of 11600Hz. This is above 10% of the switching frequency, and 33% of the RHPZ. -And yet the converter shows perfect stability, even when no_load_to_full_load transient.

I calculated the Power Stage transfer function using equations 9,10,11,12,13 and 15 from AN57.

I calculated the “Error Amplifier & Modulator” transfer function using equations 20,21,22,23 & 24 from AN57.

The Calculated Bode plots and schematic are as attached.

_ _ _ * * * _ _ _

Concerning AN57..

*..What equation would you use to calculate the Q in equation 15?
I used 1/R * SQRT(Ls/Cout)
Where Ls = secondary coil inductance
R = Secondary coil resistance + output capacitor ESR (ESR of cap at crossover frequency).

*..What value would you give for “open loop gain of TL431” (KTL431), in equation 23?......I used 562.
*..What value would you give for “KTOP” in equation 22?......i used 0.2.
*..What value would you give for “KOPTO” in equation 24?, ..given that the opto is in Darlington connection with the NPN…..i used a value of 40.

Attachments

• TOP255GN Flyback.jpg
    TOP255GN Flyback.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 111
  • flyback 24v 800ma AN57 Feedback loop.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 120

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back