Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pet tracking device

Status
Not open for further replies.

liorlew

Hello,

I have a snake at home that is always disappearing. I want to build a GPS like system for my home that will help me find it. to tell you the truth, I usually find it very fast, I am more interested in making the device than I actually need it.

any help, links..... will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Lior L∑ω

Hi Liorlew,

You didn't indicate where you live, that would help me out as I would make sure not to go live near you.
I would suggest attaching a small bell to the snake so that not only you can trace it but everyone on its path.:eek:

Mike

A better idea is to get a secure vivarium, i too keep snakes and have only ever had one escape, thats because i left the door open.

in terms of your gps idea, how would you go about putting a locator on your snake, its not exactly like you can put a collar on it lol

What snake do you have?? i keep burmese pythons.

in terms of your gps idea, how would you go about putting a locator on your snake, its not exactly like you can put a collar on it lol

Hmmm, I think a collar is one of the few items of clothing you CAN get the snake to wear haha. Don't try pants! :D

A friend way back during high school and shortly after we graduated from high school, had about a 6' boa constrictor. One day he was tangled up in the springs of a couch, but the most memorable day was where do you put the snake when your having a party?

Well, it was in the only bathroom in his apartment and he was curled around the outside of the medicine cabinet. I didn't bother him and he didn't bother me when i used the facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back