Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Old unconnected house alarm (accenta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrmidon

Due to various changes in the kitchen, the house alarm, an accenta 6, no longer works and has been disconnected from the main electrical box. So i was wondering what kind of perhaps interesting things i could do/investigate on the unit.

I was hoping somehow to get the wires to the outside bell box and set up a circuit to flash the light outside to make it appear functional. I have been unable to find the engineer's manual for it however, only the programming manual.

Anyone have any ideas? Or even the engineer's manual, schematic etc so i can begin tinkering?

:D

No, but if you open it up there's probably a couple of drive transistors in there for the bell and the light. Might be a triac, good chance it's in a TO220 style package. Measure voltages first so you don't kill yourself, never trust that something like this is really disconnected from the mains, the bell and light could be on a separate circuit.

Or if you open it up and are still a little confused, maybe you can get some decent images of the innards and post links to them here for us to comment on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back