Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ntc thermistor accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mah

I need accurate sensor, 0.2 degree is critical. could the 10k NTC do this?​

this is its specs.​

ntc is 10k and Koefficient B (25 C/50 C): 3950
Accuracy: ±1%
Temp. Range -40 C to 200 C​

**broken link removed**

If you want that kind of accuracy over that temperature range, than an RTD, as KISS mentioned, would likely be the best.
But you will also need careful design to meet that accuracy.

Do you have a way to calibrate it?

I need to read a range from 35 to 39 with accuracy and repeatability or at least accuracy. I need it accurate to 0.2 degree.

I need to read a range from 35 to 39 with accuracy and repeatability or at least accuracy. I need it accurate to 0.2 degree.

How are you planning calibrating it to 0.2 degrees?, you will also have to calibrate it across the entire range as it's not linear, and use a lookup table to convert the readings. Repeatability is much more likely than accuracy.

I'm somewhat dubious about getting 0.2 degrees accuracy?, would 0.5 degrees not do? - if so you could use the DS18B20 which requires no calibration.

it is mentioned in this **broken link removed**temperature controller that it has accuracy 0.2 C, how did they do it?

it is mentioned in this **broken link removed**temperature controller that it has accuracy 0.2 C, how did they do it?
I'm not sure I believe that from something at that price point.

Last edited:
because i want to do it not to buy it. that's why i posted here to ask is this possible?

Then do it, accuracy is down to how well you build it, and even more so to how well you calibrate it - at least you have a nice low range you need to cover, so the calibration lookup table won't be too big.

For 10 dollars I'd buy the one posted and have a look at it
I don't see it being that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back