Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermistor Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkidd22

Hello,
I'm using a thermistor to record some temperatures. I was given the circuit below, but have not worked with this configuration in the past. Basically I can't change anything at the
moment. I'm using an NTC thermistor NTCALUG01T from Vishay, any tips will be appreciated.

Thermistor.PNG

Vishay
Vishay has design tools. One is linked to above.
What tips do you want? Do you want a temperature to ADC reading relationship?

Using Vishay tools you can make a table of temperature to resistance in two columns in a spread sheet.
Then using parole and series resistor math you can make a column of resistance of (R144||R47)+R52.
Next column is "voltage divider". (5VDC, resistors, to voltage).
Next column is to ADC values.
Now you have temperature and ADC values.

Another way is to find a formula for the thermistor and insert that into the resistor math so you only have a formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back