Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No line numbers or mouseover in MPLAB 8.56

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGCB

Just wondering if this is a version bug or my corrupted program. I've tried everything to no avail. If you have used version 8.56 and were able to get line numbers and mouseover then maybe I'll try a reinstall.

The line numbers do appear as far as 9 but no further.

Hi,

Could be a corrupt Mplab or something on your PC system.

I would first take a backup of your MPlab work files just incase, then uninstall v8.56 which normally leaves your work files intact, then download and install 8.83 the latest version and see if that cures the problem, no reason why you should stay on 8.56.

I installed v8.83 and noticed that the mouseover only works on capitalized registers. Thats most likely my problem as I am not a good typist so disable case sensitivety and use lower case.

BUT the line numbers still don;t go past 9. Thanks Aaron

It works fine in MPLAB v83 numbers all the way to the end of code I had to set it with a open project

I'm on version 8.83 and I get both line numbers and mouseover values. Note that you only get mouseover values if the code is stopped.

Mike.

No matter what I do I only get line numbers 1-9. Tried clearing all selections in asm file types, closing program, then reopening and enabling line numbers but still only get 1-9.

Aaron

Hi,

They are not features I use and seem not to be enabled by defualt.
Have just enabled them in the Edit, Properties, ASM and ToolTips menus and they work ok; line number down the LH side and the variables address and value when you hover over them.

I have lines 1-9 right at the top whether there's anything on that line or not. They used to work but not lately. Guess I'll forget about it for now.

Thanks Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back