Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nice design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinW

I purchased this digital air pressure gauge from China, they spot welded the cr2032 batteries to make them easier to change.
:banghead: what were they thinking.JPG

Tell you what if the spotter that made those welds didnt connect to to battery + and connected to battery - the operator would get a bit of a surpise, I odnt think that process would pass H&S in this country.

H&S is mostly a feeble excuse when you don't want to do something :D

Nice idea in theory, but in practice has been a complete disaster - been completely ruined by the 'political stupidity' brigade.

Am I missing something (wait, don't answer that). It is cheap junk. Rather than upset the design economic model by adding a battery holder of some sort, they spent less money by using solder tabs on the battery. So, how does that unit compare in price to other units?

Making stuff look like the more expensive product, but with a lower price tag is an art.

I suppose that if pressed, their explanation would be something like...asterisk replace with CR2032 batteries with solder tabs...and learn to solder with our kit...happy soldering for only $3.95...

You can make a new video for that product and become one of their "partners", that is better than one like this.

You can buy CR2032s with solder tabs, of course.

Is the practice any worse than the old standard PC mother boards with the same approach? Except, of course those batteries fulfilled their function for a longer time, but still needed to be replaced, eventually if you kept the PC in use.

What is "H&S"? Is it**broken link removed**?

Am I missing something (wait, don't answer that). It is cheap junk. Rather than upset the design economic model by adding a battery holder of some sort, they spent less money by using solder tabs on the battery. So, how does that unit compare in price to other units?

Making stuff look like the more expensive product, but with a lower price tag is an art.

I suppose that if pressed, their explanation would be something like...asterisk replace with CR2032 batteries with solder tabs...and learn to solder with our kit...happy soldering for only $3.95...

You can make a new video for that product and become one of their "partners", that is better than one like this.

You can buy CR2032s with solder tabs, of course.

Is the practice any worse than the old standard PC mother boards with the same approach? Except, of course those batteries fulfilled their function for a longer time, but still needed to be replaced, eventually if you kept the PC in use.

I don't really see the problem?, it's a cheap throwaway item - with the option to change the batteries if you know what you're doing.

Anyway, I love my battery spot welder :D

What is "H&S"? Is it**broken link removed**?

In case you really don't know?, "Health and Safety"

The tabbed batteries are a pain, you take the unit apart, remove the pc board to get at the batteries, de-solder, change them and re-assemble.
I rerouted the wiring to the exterior so this problem at least for me is resolved.

The tabbed batteries are a pain, you take the unit apart, remove the pc board to get at the batteries, de-solder, change them and re-assemble.
I rerouted the wiring to the exterior so this problem at least for me is resolved.

Makes good sense to me. I purchased a set of these:

and I am happy with them. They are built pretty well and have an on/of switch as well as long leads. For CR2032s, they work especially well for externalizing the battery.

I looked at those but I have two separate 3 volt circuits.

Not sure why that means you could not use them, but it is no matter. You have solved it for your situation.

I was just mentioning a solution that I found useful. BTW: If you look carefully, it is said that they (the ones I posted) can be used with two CR2032s - I don't know about that because I never tried it. I have only used them with a single CR2032, and they work well for me. Here is an example of where I used them.

I likely could have used two of them but they are designed for two cells in series.
I couldn't find two cells in parallel.

I spend more time on H&S, political correctness (company politics), satisfying jobworths and general waste of time rubbish than I actually spend repairing and maintaining stuff, in fact stuff breaks because I dont have time to sort it due to dealing with all the silly stuff.
And everywhere is the same nowadays and its getting worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back