Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new to etching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pommie, where did you get that pcb board? I have been looking for a thin laminate single sided board for one of my projects, and yours looks pretty thin. Also, anyone have a good cheap source for single sided boards? I have been getting mine from allelectronics.com, 6" * 12" * .062 for $6.20US.

Ambient said:
Pommie, where did you get that pcb board? I have been looking for a thin laminate single sided board for one of my projects, and yours looks pretty thin. Also, anyone have a good cheap source for single sided boards? I have been getting mine from allelectronics.com, 6" * 12" * .062 for $6.20US.

It's just from the local electronics shop. I don't think it is any thinner than normal, it's probably the camera flash that has made it appear thinner than it is.

Mike.

Ambient said:
Try Scissor Cut SS board from Electronics Goldmine
5.5" x 12" Scissor Cut SS Copper Clad G15698

It is $1.75 but now and then it goes on sale for less. Good buy either way.

EDIT: And you do not have to visit Brisbane to get it :) :)

Last edited:
Thanks, I actually stumbled across the site. Right now the price is 0.99! The other boards are pretty much 3cents/sq in in all sizes. I a buying 8 5.5*12 ss and 8 4*8, lol. I have never seen double sided board this cheap! I will be set for a while now.

Last edited:
Ambient said:
Thanks, I actually stumbled across the site. Right now the price is 0.99! The other boards are pretty much 3cents/sq in in all sizes. I a buying 10 ss and 15 4*8 lol. I have never seen double sided board this cheap!

Are you sure you are looking at the 12 x 5.5 and not the 6 by 5.5 sheets? I do not see a sale on the site. I try to stock up when it is on sale.

dasatboy said:
3v0 what s the best way to cut these .032" boards I got in my kit. I was thinking hacksaw with fine teeth?

Most anything with fine teeth. Prior to getting a shear I used a little 9" band saw with a fine pitch blade. I do not like to use a jig/saber saw because they tend to jerk, maybe I never tried a fine enough blade. For the thin boards I use a scissor.

I have heard guillotine paper cutters work but have not tried them.

I use a pair of straight tin snips with one handle held in a vice and the other handle then operates similar to a guillotine.

Mike.

guys I need to add a modular RJ45 jack to a project. The oly one I can find in the libraries has LEDs. I dont want this. Does anyone have a library with this in it or know hick one on there site I can find it for eagle.

By the way I would like to thank you for suggesting this app. It is great!! Took a bit longer to learn, but not too much longer as the tutorials are good!!

dasatboy said:
guys I need to add a modular RJ45 jack to a project. The oly one I can find in the libraries has LEDs. I dont want this. Does anyone have a library with this in it or know hick one on there site I can find it for eagle.

By the way I would like to thank you for suggesting this app. It is great!! Took a bit longer to learn, but not too much longer as the tutorials are good!!

You should find what you are looking for in the con-amp library.

Mike.

ThankX this board transfer process is not going to good. I can't seem to be able to get all the toner onto the board. Am trying different ways right now!

tried that. but I cut board and TTS same size and tried that. Now I left board full size. taped TTS to board and running through 4 times in 2 different directions. LOL.

Pulsar website said that any printer but Brother was OK. I got a samsung today. I hope his still hold true!!

ok I'm not sure. I can't get the toner to stick to the copper. When I pull it up, it is still on the TTS. Maybe to laminator is not hot enough. I have to give up for the night but will try again tomorrow!

dasatboy said:
tried that. but I cut board and TTS same size and tried that. Now I left board full size. taped TTS to board and running through 4 times in 2 different directions. LOL.

Pulsar website said that any printer but Brother was OK. I got a samsung today. I hope his still hold true!!

As long as the board and the TSS are taped so they do not move it does not matter what size the board is.

Sounds stupid but I have to ask. Are you printing on the shinny side of the TTS paper? The side coated with starch?

I have run into cheap toners that caused pitty etching but they always stuck to the copper.

Cleaning is not a big deal. I just scrub with a scotchbright pad and dawn dish soap.

What do you mean when you say that the toner does not stick to the copper? Does it fall off during the transfer, stay on the TTS after soaking what?

I use the blue transfer paper with an iron. One problem I have encountered is burrs holding the iron away from the board near the edges. I now run a file around the edge after I have cut the board.

Mike.

I think tomorrow I am going to get a cheap Iron from walmart. I don't want to screw up the one we have now. Thn tape the TTS paper to the board and then cut it out after the tranfer of toner.

thank you sir. at least that is a good start. I will inform on how tomorrows attemp goes. I may need to order more TTS paper though. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back