Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New popups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
I've started getting popups on this site on both my desktop and tablet. Is this a new "feature " of the site or do I need to start a malware hunt?

Mike.

I have not noticed any popups.

JimB

None in my desktop, laptop, tablet or phone.

I have seen them too, on IE, Chrome and Safari browsers.
popup.png

I'm not seeing any on Chrome - but my "adguard" plugin is showing that it is blocking things on this site.

Edit:
Checking the adguard log, there is an occasional off-site link to
ht tps :// ml314.com/ tag.aspx?82

(Parts separated to avoid accidental clicks, in case it's a nasty).

Also various bits of javascript are being blocked.

I am also using Chrome, and I did see something like Mickster has shown, whether it was on this site I cannot remember, but it was a fleeting thing and t the time I thought it was because I had passed the mouse pointer across some link.

JimB

It would appear that Designfast.com is a part of WTWH Media .. our illustrious leaders :)

S

The pop-ups have started again for me, sliding from the left side of the screen.
It's quite a pain to have to close something, when I did not click anything to open it, or hover the mouse over a link.
Is this something that is here to stay?

I regularly use Firefox with AdBlockPlus, and no pop-ups, but ABP is bragging about all the crap that it is blocking...

If I view this site on an IPad with no add blocker, it is unusable...

I don't get the popups, but I use "NoScript"in my Firefox. Looking at Noscript status, I see I have NOT allowed/enabled ml314.com (as well as a few others), so its script is blocked, thus possibly blocking those popups. My Adblock Plus is disabled on this site, so those popups are not via "ads" per say, but rather thru scripts on this web site.

I use uBlock I see no popups on this site. In conjunction with Adblock Plus

Did we figure out how to stop the pop ups?

ETO popup.jpg

I regularly use Firefox with AdBlockPlus, and no pop-ups, but ABP is bragging about all the crap that it is blocking...

If I view this site on an IPad with no add blocker, it is unusable...
Nothing of that here, not even a blocker or popups ever. Android Chrome Samsung J7.

I've been getting less here lately but I got 2 at a time on EDA Board tonight and a third when I closed the first 2.
I guess I won't miss EDA Board. For some reason I never got much out of that one anyway.

Started getting popup adds again.
popup.png

On my laptop and tablet and only on this site.

Anyone else or do I need to check for adware software?

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back