Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New international holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Today is declared an international holiday, it's a 24 hour Krumlink free zone! :p

Perhaps we could make it an annual event? - feel free to post your opinions here!.

Krumlink - not a good idea to post rubbish across all the forums!.

Last edited:
Three day weekend? Kind of strange kid, but seems basically harmless. Wonder if this is his internet persona, or if he behaves this way 24/7... Anyway, a little discipline will do him good. Too bad corpral punishment is banned...

The energy and enthusiasm isn't a bad thing, but he needs to give people credit for their work. Just building a project, doesn't give him the right to rename it, and claim it as his own design. This is the single most annoying thing. If he included the origional work with his pleas for help, it would save us a lot of time and effort helping him getting it working or modifying the idea.

Got a hunch an occasional 24 hour 'spanking' will help him gain a little perspective.

Just to 'stir things up' a little more, if we get five more 'bring him back' type posts than 'keep him gone' posts, then I'll unban him before the 24 hours is up.

So far I make the score -2 :D

It's daylight savings (clocks go back one hour) for most of Canada today, meaning arguably a 25-hour Krumlink-free day for us.

My only concern is that Krumlink might misconstrue the meaning behind the message if we were to establish this as an annual forum holiday. Don't think of this as cyberbullying, but more as a kind of intervention.

Krumlink's lack of netiquette by way of copious pap contributions and a general lack of respect for other forum members isn't just a disservice to himself. It drives away other potential members and professional, responsible expert members who are most likely to have the best answers he and others seek.

So if we establish this as a holiday, let's make sure it's for the right reasons. This isn't an honouring of someone who through his own carelessness is ruining the good times of other people. This is, as I see it, Krumlink's (and other's who might be tempted to follow that path) final warning: shape up, or ship out.

Perhaps I don't have the authority to make anyone ship out other than myself, but when so many people feel that way (i.e. decide for themselves that the forum is no longer of any value to them), who's going to be left?

Last edited:
I guess so, and presuming (since you haven't mentioned) there isn't any planned further reprimands based on how low that score might go.

Hank Fletcher said:
I guess so, and presuming (since you haven't mentioned) there isn't any planned further reprimands based on how low that score might go.

No, that would be grossly unfair - however, the level of support he's receivng might be a chastising event?.

Am I the only person here who doesn't have too much of a problme with him?

I think he's been alright recently; I don't see how he's done anything worng, unless you've deleted some of his threads that broke the rules of course.

Leave him alone, I'd like to see plenty of people here banned and he wouldn't be one of them.

Bring him back!

For reasons I do not fully understand I like Krumlink. I abstain.

Additional things Krumlink needs to work on.

If Krumlink can get a thing to work it is the greatest. If he can not, then it is absolute crap, bad word list sort of stuff. Molex connectors, inchworms etc..

I was quite uncomfortable with him etching PCBs with acid. Anybody care to be sued by his parents because we encouraged him? We all bought into him knowing more chemistry then his teacher.

Forget the politics. Stick with electronics. Listen....

Some things are harder then others to learn. PCB layout programs, uC languages, datasheets, etc. He keeps backing away from that which is not easy.

Last edited:
I find it a bit annoying, but in a meaningless way so it passes when I leave the thread- as opposed to people who ask others to do projects for them or argue for perpetual motion machines and the like.

He should be allowed back after his 24 hours, but should be kept on a shorter leash. This forum is probably the best thing he's got going right now, and he's more of a minimal nuisance, than a major annoyance. I tend to just skip over his threads these days. Considering all the problems kids are getting into these days, he seems to be trying to do better then most. He'll grow up eventually.

I'd suggest increamental bannishment, each time add another day. If after a week's bannishment, he isn't a better person, make it permanent (there are other forums to haunt).

Well, let me explain my point of view (for what it is worth).
I have no problem with Krumlink and his like for electronics.
It is great that we have such an enthusiastic member.
He is learning, and most of the members can see through his posts, that he has actually picked up a few nice things.

But I think the problem is that the forums are not a place for him to 'hang out' but more so are a resource. A resource for others as well as himself. The forums should not only spark learning for him, but other people as well.

When he goes off and posts a trillion useless posts, it makes Nigel's job harder, turns away potential members who are seeking USEFUL information, and just annoys everyone else because he just doesn't want to get it. And when the forum is filled with a countless number of useless information instead of useful information, it takes away from that 'spark' which should ignite learning in others as well.

If I remember correctly, he's done a few wrong things before too-- basically if he thought before he did, I think the word "Krumlink" wouldn't spark such terror today.

I think this short term ban is good, but I hope that he will come back, read this thread to see what exactly he did wrong AND LEARN.
Because we can punish him all we want-- he'll only learn when he knows what wrong he committed.

-Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back