Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New international holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what he's a bit immature?

Banning him for longer than a day won't do any good, he'll just get bord, find something else or might even stop doing electronics. I wouldn't want that, I'd rather have him here, learning and doing well. Like you say, he's a child and will grow up in the end, I'm sure most of us were like him at his age.

Hero999 said:
So what he's a bit immature?

Banning him for longer than a day won't do any good, he'll just get bord, find something else or might even stop doing electronics. I wouldn't want that, I'd rather have him here, learning and doing well. Like you say, he's a child and will grow up in the end, I'm sure most of us were like him at his age.

I understand what you are saying.
But he says electronics is his life. I doubt such a small obstacle would turn him away. But I am not saying that I support longer bans.

Don't you think that it's our job, since according to him this forum and electronics is his life, to (at least) hint to him that electronics is a PART of life, but there are other parts too? And that he wont succeed in the other parts if he acts the way he does -- doing somewhat stupid stuff without thinking there would be consequences?

Being banned for 24 hours isn't the end of the world, but the yime usually spent on the forum, is usually spent thinking about the behavior that got you banned.
I didn't know why I got banned, until after the 24 hours. Mine was for having private messages disabled, so I couldn't be warned not to comment on spam. Reasonable, since the spammer would never have returned to read anything, and just one more thing for the moderator to remove.

Anyway, I think the ban will give him time to think and grow. Don't expect it to work miracles (might take a few times). But it'll give him time to slow down, and take a look at what he's got here, and what he'll miss out on. Eventually, he'll have to make a choice, or be banned permanently.

I think KrummyLink is a good guy, except he is too young to chase girls.
He has a lot of free time to post rubbish. So maybe he was expelled from school?
Maybe only delete his many posts only one day each week.

Sorry for the tangent here, but I just wanted to comment on my earlier post in this thread. Apparently, this isn't daylight savings for most of Canada today, and the extra hour will happen next week instead (in accordance with the U.S.).

My weekend just got shorter by an hour, which means I'm back to where I started yet I somehow still feel ripped-off. Part of the confusion is that my computer's clock automatically dropped the hour today, and according to the television schedule, it is daylight savings today. Then again, all the stores were closed as if it wasn't daylight savings, so I didn't get my shopping done.

Back to the original topic: I've decided my empathy for Krumlink only extends so far as to accommodate his benevolent interests in electronics. What disappoints me most about his involvement is that I know other hobbyists have been reluctant to involve themselves in the forum due to Krumlink's capacity to waste their time. Sorry, but the interests of the many outweigh the interests of the few, or in this case, the one.

Well said, Mr. Fletcher.
Oh, and regarding that Daylights Savings Time-- you're right. I read your post earlier and was a bit confused (since the newspapers said that it would be occurring next week). Decided to wait and ask my father to be sure.

And then forgot to respond here... heh.
-Omar

The Canadian government decided to change from Daylight Savings time to Standard time on the same day as the United States.

Our government is stupid. In Florida today the sun rose at about 5:30AM.
In Toronto Canada today the sun rose at about 7:48AM long after kids go to school and adults go to work (in the dark).

Nigel Goodwin said:
Just to 'stir things up' a little more
Hey i thought this was for krumlink???:D :D

Nigel Goodwin said:
Another fairy saved :) - back to -1

All this talk about fairies, I think one days banishment is ' fair e nuff' for Krumlink.:p

as a learning 'hobbyist' with little time and money i have found this forum to be a rich resource of knowledge and experience. i've been impressed with krumlink's acheivements when he was making his pastbots, less impressed with his outbursts and nonsense, but then from a 14 year old i'm not surprised either.
there are frequently posts on here that act as a deterrant to casual enquiry, but those are mostly down to the attitude of experienced members who make them.

Im back :D

I will talk more when I am not haxing through the school blocker :D

Krumlink said:
...haxing through the school blocker :D

That can be a ton of fun. Just grab the overall admin password for the school and have at it.

Believe it or not, the tech dept. at my old high school used the password 'highschool' for half of my time there. Crazy.

Doug from Goodrich Robotics?

if so, say so :D

I wasnt "haxin", you just got to ping the website and get on command prompt, you get the IP address and wala!

I wasnt making that a "goal, I just saw that I had occupied the entire forum with crappy posts and said somthing about it. That is somthing else I wont do :D

I guess I'm a little late on this, but those of you who can remember Mstechca must agree that Krumlink is innocuous by comparison. And then there was Raybo... a short but glorious flameout.

MsTechca went to the Electronics-Lab forum for a while with a new name but now he is gone.

Who was the guy with 200,000 questions from an index? Walters?
He also showed up with the same questions at another forum but he is also gone.

audioguru said:
MsTechca went to the Electronics-Lab forum for a while with a new name but now he is gone.

Who was the guy with 200,000 questions from an index? Walters?
He also showed up with the same questions at another forum but he is also gone.
Oh yeah, I forgot Walters. I remember seeing him on some other forums also. I think he was even more annoying than Mstechca, if that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back