Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need multi-LED fade circuit diagam

Status
Not open for further replies.

100fold

Hello,

I have been searching all night for a solution to create a circuit capable of displaying a set of multi colored LED's .

I need to build a circuit that will cycle through different colored LED's in a (fade to next color) process.

Any help will be much appreciated . . . Scott

Not very creative, but this more or less fits the bill :D

**broken link removed**

To do it with a circuit can be complicated, it depends if it needs a certain order. If it does need a certain order, I expect a PIC and DAC is best, but I have no knowledge of such things. If it is random colours and combinations, buy a full colour LED:

**broken link removed**

And feed each colour from a seperate triangle wave oscillator;

**broken link removed**

Actually, the popular circuit for this is Bill Bowden's 'Fading Red Eyes' circuit. It's been post on this board, easy to find on the web. The circuit is a low frequency triangle wave, using half of a LM324 quad opamp. Just duplicate it three times for red, green, and blue. Only need one voltage divider for a reference for all three. I used 470uf capacitors instead of the 22's because I want to see a wider range of colors. Also works better with 3 red LEDs, instead of two. The series resistors are fine.
Oh, the RGB LEDs with the 4 pins are junk (least the ones I got), the brightness isn't well matched for each color.

Natural, uncolored plastic makes for a great difuser (small disposiable cups). Home Depot has some nice frosted glass globes for light fixtures under $5 for the 6" diameter...

HarveyH42 said:
Oh, the RGB LEDs with the 4 pins are junk (least the ones I got), the brightness isn't well matched for each color.
I think you need to adjust the resistor values will all the LEDs on until it gives white light. I know the colours don't mix too well, you're right, you do need a difusser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back