Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with a ccfl inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a little casio portable tv, but the lcd controller was fried. I noticed however that the backlight still worked, so I took it apart and found that it was a flourescent backlight. I wanted to use the inverter transformer for some cool projects, however I couldn't find out which input pins do what. It has 5 input pins and 2 output pins for the secondary winding for the lamp, I guess. I also tried googling the transformer, (8126D21) but it had no results. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

I use an inducatnce meter to work out which windings are which on transformers.
You used to be able to get generic fluo drivers off ebay, if you can still get them it might be an easier way.

I would like to power a neon indicator lamp which I heard can be done using a laptop CCFL inverter. The problem is that these inverters output DC which means that only one filament in the indicator lights up. I was wondering, can I just bypass the capacitor/resistor at the end and connect directly to the transformer? Can I limit the current? I think if I just put a resistor there, the inverter will increase the voltage to force the same amount of current through.

A resistor would work to limit the current, so long as the inverter doesnt have a constant current o/p, even if it did you might be able to just run it at its max voltage, so long as theres no kind of shutdown that is.
However depending on the topology you might not be able to light both electrodes on the neon, if the inverter is a flyback then the reverse voltage will be different to its forward (unbalanced wave o/p), if its a push pull which many simple ones are then it might well work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back