need help in analyzing this circuit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnaatha

Hi all, I badly need to know what this circuit does and how it works. Please help me by explaining what the fet part, rc part does here.
**broken link removed**

Rf sniffer? Inductive loop (hearing aid)? Cant tell what frequency the loop is supposed to work at?

It looks to me that with FET source biased to +3V, that would have to be a depletion-mode J-FET. Gate should be reversed biased, so the 33K has a tiny current through it, so not sure why it is needed, except to limit gate current if a very large current is induced into the loop.

The diode detector is incorrectly wired up (there is no discharge path for the C to the left of the diode.

Sorry for the multiple posts. Blindly thought i would get more replies for multiple posts!
Thanks for answering.
I got the full question its here...
**broken link removed**
Hope it will answer your doubts. I believe fet part is acting as rf amplifier and then a diode detector. But not sure about that, also even i am right i dunno how those fet, diode-rc parts are doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…