Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in analyzing this circuit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnaatha

Hi all, I badly need to know what this circuit does and how it works. Please help me by explaining what the fet part, rc part does here.
**broken link removed**

Rf sniffer? Inductive loop (hearing aid)? Cant tell what frequency the loop is supposed to work at?

It looks to me that with FET source biased to +3V, that would have to be a depletion-mode J-FET. Gate should be reversed biased, so the 33K has a tiny current through it, so not sure why it is needed, except to limit gate current if a very large current is induced into the loop.

The diode detector is incorrectly wired up (there is no discharge path for the C to the left of the diode.

Sorry for the multiple posts. Blindly thought i would get more replies for multiple posts!
Thanks for answering.
I got the full question its here...
**broken link removed**
Hope it will answer your doubts. I believe fet part is acting as rf amplifier and then a diode detector. But not sure about that, also even i am right i dunno how those fet, diode-rc parts are doing that.

Rf sniffer? Inductive loop (hearing aid)? Cant tell what frequency the loop is supposed to work at?

It looks to me that with FET source biased to +3V, that would have to be a depletion-mode J-FET. Gate should be reversed biased, so the 33K has a tiny current through it, so not sure why it is needed, except to limit gate current if a very large current is induced into the loop.

The diode detector is incorrectly wired up (there is no discharge path for the C to the left of the diode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back