Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

n channel mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

johneppen

I was wondering if you would know the reason why my n channel mosfet burned out. I am sending a square wave signal to the base....100ma 3vac at about 1kilo hertz. I wired it as follows: 6 volts to the transformer then from the transformer to the drain of the mosfet; from the source of the mosfet to the ground. What happened to the mosfet is that there ceased to be any resistance between the drain and the source when no voltage was applied to the gate. Please help. Thank you

Without any gate-source resistor can open the FET (partially) from air received energy(hum,noises).

Perhaps if you posted the schematic of your circuit here, we can understand better... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back